Thread: Sex with transgender teen might prompt partners to 'flip out'

TheLegacy

Sex with transgender teen might prompt partners to 'flip out'

An immature, heterosexual young man who learns that a woman he was sexually intimate with is biologically male is likely to "panic" and overreact with violence, a psychologist told a Hayward jury Monday in the trial of three men accused of killing transgender teen Gwen Araujo.

"It would flip them out," said Andrew Pojman, a Walnut Creek psychologist who teaches at the Wright Institute in Berkeley. "They'd have a strong sense of panic and uproar and wanting to fix it. It would be very upsetting."

The 17-year-old Araujo, who was born Edward Araujo but lived as a young woman, allegedly was beaten and strangled after the men learned she was biologically male at a party on Oct. 3, 2002.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...AGMH6RBQK1.DTL

so basically its saying, if you get pissed off - you have a right to use violence??

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    So if this defense works, then I can say I'm emotionally immature and do as I like and get off with a lesser sentence???

That is outrageous!

I do like the fact that this doctor never interviewed the defendents and was paid $2k to testify.

UNREAL!

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    So if this defense works, then I can say I'm emotionally immature and do as I like and get off with a lesser sentence???
    That is outrageous!
    I do like the fact that this doctor never interviewed the defendents and was paid $2k to testify.
    UNREAL!
    Ahhh, the world of the professional legal "expert".

Isn't life a wonderful thing sometimes?

If emotional immaturity was a righteous defence I would have whacked 70-80 people by now.

:bandana:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Personally i have always wondered how much weight should be given to testimonies of those whoare piad to get up on the stand.

Just seems like they will say what they have in effect, been paid to say.. wheres the justic in that?

Regards,

Lee