Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac Users - Better Grab Some Anti Virus Software...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveTwinksCam View Post
    How about Spyware? Macs don't get viruses or spyware.
    Nothing, i have had no problems at all... Even after switching to Vista.

Occasionally i will run an application like SpySweeper but it only finds cookies from ad networks.

Oh and your statement is false, macs DO get viruses, that was the whole point of this thread

Regards,

Lee

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Nothing, i have had no problems at all... Even after switching to Vista.

Occasionally i will run an application like SpySweeper but it only finds cookies from ad networks.

Oh and your statement is false, macs DO get viruses, that was the whole point of this thread

Regards,

Lee
    Okie, I guess you need to re read the entire post again. For someone that doesn't own a Mac, you sure do claim to know so much. Enjoy your PC and your Vista and I will enjoy my virus and spyware free Macs. :playboy:
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

I will enjoy my virus and spyware free Macs. :playboy:
    I guess having a false sense of security is better than not having any.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I guess having a false sense of security is better than not having any.

Regards,

Lee
    Having a false sense of security is arguing with someone about a product they've never owned or used. Which is a waste of my time and yours. Get one and use it and then we will debate. The knowledge level needs to be some what equal in order to debate about the product you're debating about. :dolt:
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Having a false sense of security is arguing with someone about a product they've never owned or used. Which is a waste of my time and yours. Get one and use it and then we will debate. The knowledge level needs to be some what equal in order to debate about the product you're debating about. :dolt:
    Even Apple have confirmed this virus, you are in essence, arguing with the manufacturer of the product you are using, if the company who created the Mac says there is a virus going around that infects Macs and im simply informing people who may not know about this (such as yourself obviously) how is that having a false sense of security? :eek:

The FACT is that there is currently a virus making the rounds infecting Macs, yet you are still adamant there isnt, despite Apple themselves actually knowing and publicly commenting about it LOL

I know Mac users love the product and im cool with that but... There comes a point when what most of us like to call 'reality' has to set in and mac users need to be aware that their machines are not magically shielded from viruses just because they are Macs as so many of them seem to believe

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by rawTOP View Post
    The whole point of your post was to say hurry up and buy antivirus software for your Mac 'cause you'll get viruses when (not if) you download illegal software. The other clear way to protect yourself is to not download sketchy software, but that wasn't what you were telling people to do.
    Your viewpoint is extremely distorted and not based on reality. By your logic only Gay men can get AIDS because they were the first initial carriers (theoretically).

Lee specifically said "It took a while but it looks like there is officially a virus that infects Apple products now."

Which means, if you download a legal Mac App from a site that has a tainted file you can get infected. There are thousands of legal Mac app sites on the net. Your logic is flawed as there is now a way for Mac users to be infected without downloading pirated or "sketchy" software.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    I didn't read that into his post at all. What I see is a heads up that Mac's are becoming vulnerable to virus attacks. :daddy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Lee specifically said "It took a while but it looks like there is officially a virus that infects Apple products now."
    Mac viruses have been around for a long long time. There aren't many of them, but there are always a few around. This one is nothing new. Macs are not BECOMING vulnerable, they've always been vulnerable. The difference between Macs and Windows is that on Macs you have to consciously do something stupid to get a virus. On Windows you don't - they can come through normal use.

That said, Mac users will need antivirus software when there's a virus that doesn't come from a direct user action like downloading infected software off the Internet. Until then the only Mac users who need antivirus software are ones that want do download applications from unknown sources. Ergo, advocation of Mac antivirus software implies that you're either protecting the person while they do something 1) illegal or 2) stupid. The latest version of OS X (Leopard) even warns you when you launch an application you've downloaded off the Internet. So you really have to ask for it to get a Mac virus.

One other thing - Mac viruses are hard to spread because they require stupidity on the part of the recipient and intent on the part of the distributor... Windows viruses often come passively in the background and so they can spread very quickly.

Boom Snap!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by rawTOP View Post
    That said, Mac users will need antivirus software when there's a virus that doesn't come from a direct user action like downloading infected software off the Internet. Until then the only Mac users who need antivirus software are ones that want do download applications from unknown sources.
    Again, you and Jacob both seem to be missing the fact that APPLE publicly announced a month or so back that Mac users should use MULTIPLE anti-virus solutions.

They said nothing about Mac users who download pirated software, they said that ALL Mac users should utilize multiple anti-virus programs for their latest OS release.

Last year in late November there was a brief push by Apple officials urging Mac users to install antivirus software onto their computers.
    You can find that quote and some more information about what Apple did at the following URL:

http://www.mxlogic.com/securitynews/...ossible067.cfm

Regards,

Lee