Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reminiscing Thread - Remember Back To When You Were A Kid...

Ounique
    Okay, you want to know why I'm so twisted? I grew up watching things like H.R. Pufnstuff and Lidsville. Anything by Kroft... Electro Woman and Dyna Girl, Land Of The Lost (which is even more messed up to watch as an adult), Dr. Shrinker, Wonderbug. All of them.

I also really liked Zoom. Although I never got around to trying that peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwich they showed how to make, nor am I able to speak Ubbie Dubbie. Sigh.

Oooh, don't forget the Monkees. Man, they were great.

RainGurl
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    Wow! we get the reruns here. And that show brings me back to my acting days. And ya wanna talk about a gay geek?! I was in a theater group and we dressed like the kids in Fame when we had dance practice! (how embarassing!!!!)

Giggle,
    GA

i am soooo jealous!! no reruns here for years.
    another thing we have in common, gary. i was in theater as well. just community stuff. miss it sometimes.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ounique
    Okay, you want to know why I'm so twisted? I grew up watching things like H.R. Pufnstuff and Lidsville. Anything by Kroft... Electro Woman and Dyna Girl, Land Of The Lost (which is even more messed up to watch as an adult), Dr. Shrinker, Wonderbug. All of them.

I also really liked Zoom. Although I never got around to trying that peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwich they showed how to make, nor am I able to speak Ubbie Dubbie. Sigh.

Oooh, don't forget the Monkees. Man, they were great.
    Don!

If you get cable, TV Land is having an HR Pufnstuff Marathin in the next week or so LMAOPIP When we were little, Chris used to get mad at me when he caught me playing with his Cling and Clang puppets... LMAOPIP But my affinity for Witchie Poo back then explains a lot about my mind set today LOL

And I got in trouble when Zoom showed us how to clean pennies. One cup of water, to 3 tbsp of salt in a container... shake. Put them on a baking sheet and into the oven to dry. And out come shiney pennies.
    Needless to say I didn't hear the part about rinsing them and baked the pennies with salt water. The salt corroded the copper. (how do I remember this so vividly? I got into A LOT of trouble because I 'baked' about $50 worth of pennies!!!!)

Giggles,
    GA

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by RainGurl
    i am soooo jealous!! no reruns here for years.
    another thing we have in common, gary. i was in theater as well. just community stuff. miss it sometimes.
    Same here babe! Definitely another thing we share! That group I mentioned was community too. I miss it too. Not the people, the performing.

Hugs,
    GA

Jasun
    Originally posted by Ounique
    I also really liked Zoom.
    Zoom?

Wow you mean at box 350, Boston Mass 02134?

I speak Ubie Dubie, and I can even say "Rubber Baby Buggie Bumpers" really fast.

Oh, and the Electrc Company.

And Ultra Man, Johnyy Socko and Isis.

(and yeah, electra woman and dyna girl rocked)

Jason
    ok....this thread has now gotten to the point where i am totally lost. have fun reminiscing gang....i'm gonna go back to playing with my transformers

Ounique
    Originally posted by Jasun
    Zoom?

Wow you mean at box 350, Boston Mass 02134?

I speak Ubie Dubie, and I can even say "Rubber Baby Buggie Bumpers" really fast.
    Can you also do that thing where you spin your arms around really fast so it looks like they are not attached? I can... hee hee.

Yeah, and by the way...

HEY YOU GUYS!!!

Jasun
    I had no idea there were this many geeks in the world, let alone here.

I'm fianlly home.

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!
    Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, Flintstones and Scooby Doo!

How I long for those days...humph...
    Topbuxom lee
    Director of Marketing
    Topbucks/Pluginfeeds

Ounique
    Originally posted by Topbuckslee
    Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, Flintstones and Scooby Doo!

How I long for those days...humph...
    My whole bathroom is done in Scooby Doo. hee hee.

AusCoding Allan
    OK so now I feel like a two year-old, I don't remember pretty much all these shows, must have been b4 my time.

Cheers,

Allan