Thread: WTF - Notify Us of Promo Sales

WTF - Notify Us of Promo Sales

Just got a newsletter telling me about two new site releases from gaygravy. And waaaaaaay down at the bottom of the page is this little notice:

*** ATTENTION : Due to a high amount of fraud we are requiring all affiliates who promote our new sites on the promo days to email: promo@GayGravy.com w/ their promo sale stats & username AFTER the promo is finished. Your promo funds will be added to that periods pending payment. ***

So now sponsors expect people to track their promo sales and write in to get credited???

Man, think of all the webmasters doing sales, who haven't read that notice, and not getting paid the promotional monies... now that's fraud.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Lots of programs have been doingn this for years, not just GayGravy, including a few on the gay side of things, Curious Cash comes to mind immediately as another gay program doing this, but there are a LOT of straight companies also using this tactic to generate additional traffic using promo payouts and waiting for the affiliate to send them an email to actually get the raised payout.

Personally, i dont like the practice which is why i always change payouts in CCBill directly whenever we offer raised payouts with Condom Cash, i mean really, who actually thinks an affiliate will send an email asking for raised payouts, most of them cant even reply to an email asking if they can update their payout information.

That being said, for fraud prevention reasons, it IS a good way to ensure chinese scammers are not taking advantage... I think any program owner will vouch for the fact that those chinese/korean carders never respond to any emails because they dont want to draw attention to themselves.

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Man, think of all the webmasters doing sales, who haven't read that notice, and not getting paid the promotional monies... now that's fraud.
    Not fraud by any means..

We have been doing it like this for MONTHS.. anyone who emails us with the date and request to get paid will be paid...

You don't run a huge affiliate network so I guess you wouldn't know the amount of fraud that comes from affiliates on promotional weekends..

We're more than happy to address anyone and their concerns on this.. All you have to do is ask..

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    We implemented that about a year ago. These chat guys were slamming us and big checks were going out automatically. Now we have a whole department that does nothing but screen accounts.
    Two new sites folks..development spent 3 months on these..

$100PPS Friday and Sunday
    www.realmalesexscandals.com/front.php
    www.thugsonwhiteboys.com/front.php

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i do not think that iss a good thing if a paysite is offering higher payouts they should just do it without us needing to email them when we make sales

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    i do not think that iss a good thing if a paysite is offering higher payouts they should just do it without us needing to email them when we make sales
    oh ya? So did we, then when you get vietnamese/philippino carding operations that hit you with $600k in chargebacks, from all US ip's, US/Canadian card holders, real sites, normal ratios...etc.. monthly it doesn't work out well. So fraud screening was put in place.

BTW,
    Thugsonwhiteboys: 1:98
    Realmalesexscandals: 1:148

How long have you been gay?
    Requiring notice to take advantage of a promo is not fraud at all. What do you think coupons that you take to the store are? A promo is a way to make some noise about your product and get people to notice. Those that do notice shouldn't have a problem at all with sending an email to qualify for the promo, like turning in the coupon at the register.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Ummm, am I stating the obvious here? Why not just state the terms and conditions clearly and obviously, right next to whatever announcement is made to affiliates about an upcoming promo? Putting it in fine print in a footer could make affiliates feel like the program owner is hoping they will fail to notice the requirement. Putting it in big print, adjacent to the promo, would make affiliates feel like they are valued partners and the program owner really wants them to share in the success of the promo.

And maybe repeat it after the promo in a followup email, like "be sure to send us your email to claim your bonus payments for _____ promo by _____, 2009." No affiliate is going to feel like he/she is getting scammed if the program owner is still saying he's eager to pay them after the promo has ended.

Wouldn't that keep affiliates contented and program owners would still be able to do their fraud screening?

Kevin

This reminds me of how you sign up for "free credit report" (which isn't free) online and you can't cancel online, you have to call and wait forever on hold, which puts people off, as does having to keep track of sales, on specific days, and write in to get credit. But to each their own. I'm sure GayGravy isn't out to screw the people bringing them sales and traffic.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I'm sure GayGravy isn't out to screw the people bringing them sales and traffic.
    heheehee ... do I detect a touch of sarcasm there Squirt?

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    heheehee ... do I detect a touch of sarcasm there Squirt?
    I hate online sarcasm
    it confuses me.