Thread: Make the tick

TopBucks_Juan

Make the tick

If you suck dick, make the tick.” That will be this year’s gay election slogan.

There isn’t a queer breathing in this country that hasn’t felt the impact politicians have had on our lives, whether it’s being allowed to visit a dying partner in a hospital or blow someone through a glory hole. As representatives of the superior sexual orientation, it is our duty to vote, and that goes for all elections, not just the next big one on Monday, June 28.

This year’s federal election is the day after Pride. That means the gay high holiday will be the pre-election media event for candidates to be at and kiss gay ass. As the constituency most knowledgeable about ass-kissing (not to mention ass play, rimming, etc.), it will be hard to pull the leather hood over our eyes – except for those who offer their consent and a safe word.

The timing of the election after Pride makes one wonder how the federal party leaders will work Homo Day and the events leading up to it. Will Conservative leader Stephen Harper attend the Boot Camp bash with DJ Abel at Kool Haus? It would be a great way to show his support for the military and prove that he is down with the pink brigade. Environmentalist Jack Layton may want a photo op at the Aqua party at the Docks with all that water. Mind you, considering what he has done for the NDP’s image, Revival with Peter Rauhofer at the Guvernment might be even more appropriate. Paul Martin should participate in the Pride Toonie Drive to offset the sponsorship scandal and demonstrate how money can be collected and then spent on a good cause.

I am not telling anyone who to vote for (that will happen in the next issue). But queers have an obligation to educate themselves on the candidates running and to penetrate the ballot box. Many of our rights, from sexual expression that is free from censorship to creating queer families, are still legally in flux. Every vote makes a difference (and you never know how hot the guy standing in the booth next to you might be).

It’s depressing to hear all the commentators go on about voter apathy and why the youth don’t vote. When I see non-voters being interviewed on TV and listen to their reasons, I wonder whether anyone has considered that these people may be intellectually challenged and that their ability to comprehend large, complicated issues is simply retarded? There is also a significant portion of the population that is so lazy that they can’t be bothered to take a few hours to make choices that will affect them for years to come.
    Surely, noble queers do not fall into either of those categories.

Fab Magazine

Something for you all to think about...

Rainbo1956
    I was a huge Howard Dean supporter :crybaby:

What you said is all good :thumbsup:

Dzinerbear
    I normally use FAB magazine as insulation because it's so fluffy. It's nice to see the actually have something to say beside, "Party!"

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Speaking of elections..

It looks like Blair might be out of his PMs job in Britain shortly too :groovy:

Regards,

Lee

retrograde
    Originally posted by Rainbo1956
    I was a huge Howard Dean supporter :crybaby:

What you said is all good :thumbsup:

I was a huge Dean supporter too... Actually, last winter I drove up to Iowa and interned for the Dean campaign. It was AMAZING. There were so many awesome, motivated people.

Interning for the Dean campaign was one of the best experiences of my life. Seriously. I really miss the people with whom I worked.