Thread: Download Forms

outcrowd

Download Forms

Ok,

So say I don't have the time to learn CGI or PHP, what's the easiest way to get a form online? Perhaps a word document that they can download?

Thanks,

Jasun
    i'd say your easiest would be to go find a free PHP or Flash script of one of the many sites that give out free stuff like that.

but take a look at what I did with the Metromen link list, that I put together ages ago when I had no idea what the hell I was doing. It has an online form, but when you press "send" it puts it all into an email and sends it out that way... very easy to do, but not particularly pretty.

http://www.metromen.com/Admin/submit.html

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Hey outcrowd!

Well it depends on how you want to recieve the information? Do you want it faxed or emailed to you as an attachment?

And then there is a level of what it is you're doing? Sonetimes adding an extra step or two will turn some surfers off.

There a lot of free fast script (I know you want to avoid CGI and PHP LOL) that will take form info from an html form and simply send it to you in email... We use one that is not a difficult thing. Only one line needs to be changed in the script (to include the email address you want it sent to). And the HTML, well is html.

I can always send it to you, if you'd like.

LMK

My best,
    Gary-Alan

outcrowd

hit me up

Oh, you don't know what kind of trouble you are getting yourself into! LOL

Here is a link to the form i have now that i will rewrite (in html format) if i can have it sent to me via email.

http://www.independentmale.com/imcontactform.htm

Thanks,

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    outcrowd...

Jasun's option is the easiest. A standard email form isn't the prettiest thing but it can answer your needs nicely.

The only thing that does happen is the browser will alert to the possibility of a non secure process. But since you cover that in your form (privacy not being share) it may be the easiest/quickest way to get the form info to you.

GA