Thread: Which Camcorder?

Since I was ten!

Which Camcorder?

Could anyone advice me on what camcorder to buy that wont cost the earth? I specialize in spanking videos and will be filming indoors a lot. Would be grateful for any help or advice

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I have been using this video camera from sony, it is expensive but yet wont break you too much. http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665551067

Since I was ten!
    Hi Jayden many thanks for the info on this camcorder.. with so many models on the market its good to get some feedback on what cameras people are using out there!
    thank you John

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We use this video camera for a few reasons; live internet streams, video recording at the same time it is streaming, video for DVD, reasons like that.
    It has a lot of buttons and doodads. Don't let those scare you. This video camera has been in use for about 6 months. Only a few buttons have ever been used: Record, zoom in, zoom out.
    It gives you two options to film in either HD or standard. By default it films in HD. But when you import your media, that's when you have the option to convert.
    Like us sometimes we are unable to get stills during the action sex. With this, you put in a SD Camera card in a slot. As your filming, you can push the "take a picture button" and it will take stills for you every x amount of seconds and puts them onto the SD Card. The pics come out in great quality as well.
    I love the quality it produces.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Panasonic and SONY have ~~$800 cameras, that record to memory card. HD 1080 or SD 720. No more tape! Yeah!

If I shoot in SD I remove the card, plug it into a USB port, and drag and drop the video files into Final Cut Pro (or any video editing app). If I need the audio, I use QuickTime or MPEG Streamclip or Toast to de-mux the audio, and export a new mov file.

If I shoot in HD, I use a processing software like Voltaic or Toast to get SONY AVCHD files into mpeg or mov format. (I'm not sure how panasonic records.)

To date, SD suits me fine, for the cost/benefit ratio of SD vs HD for my voyeur line of VOD and DVD videos http://www.DudeLodge.com and http://www.TriangleDream.com .

Obviously $800 camera probably have plastic lenses, but we are talking computer monitor playback for the most customers.

Since I was ten!
    Hi Niickbaer
    Many thanks for your contribution. Im a mac man myself and also use final cut. Do you find the cameras you mention good for indoor use? Ive tried different camcorders along the way and indoor shooting varies immensely-therefore Im always carrying around my 500 watt light garden light which believe me has been a life saver sometimes especially when Im filming at the models house and I get there to find that all they have is intimate lighting . As spanking is my main theme there tends to be a lot of arm movement so this is another consideration. Ive been looking at Panasonic's latest camera which boasts 3 ccd's and comes in at a reasonable price but I will cetainly check out the cams you mentioned
    Once again many thanks!
    John