Thread: Why Do Most Mainstream Products Affiliate Programs...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Do Most Mainstream Products Affiliate Programs...

All seem to be operating through 3rd party providers such as DarkBlue or Commission Junction, etc?

I have to admit, its rare that i find a mainstream affiliate program (outside of adult, dating, software, etc) that actually runs their own affiliate program, most seem to use third-party affiliate networks for some reason.

So does anyone know what the deal is with this, how comes the vast majority of non-adult sponsor programs all seem to run their programs via a 3rd party vs. their own affiliate program site?

Regards,

Lee

life without passion is just a life
    I agree to that, at least for the mainstream niches i was looking to work with. They all use Comission Junction which has that weird type of link i for sure wouldn't trust as a simple visitor.

Or some of the sites i found and wanted to enter their affiliate program still promote Comission Junction on their pages but their account is long suspended for not being active . Most of them, if they do not have open acceptance for new affiliates, you have to wait a lot until you receive an answer, and it is denial most of the times

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Most of them, if they do not have open acceptance for new affiliates, you have to wait a lot until you receive an answer, and it is denial most of the times
    Yeah we have found that too a LOT in the past few months, we've tried pretty much everything we can think of as to resolving the reason why we might be getting rejected as affiliates, from changing our domains, whois information, company name, even lowering and inflating how much traffic our sites actually get but it still seems like joining a non-adult affiliate program is pretty much a crap shoot

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    I wonder if it has anything to do with merchant accounts & processors? Maybe most folks just don't want to be bothered with running their own affiliate program.

How long have you been gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx68 View Post
    I wonder if it has anything to do with merchant accounts & processors? Maybe most folks just don't want to be bothered with running their own affiliate program.
    Good point, maxx. It's a hassle for a merchant to run his own affiliate program, let me tell you.