Thread: How to use Twitter for business

How to use Twitter for business

Here are some tips on how to use Twitter for business

1. Get to know the twitter language.
    Take the time to read other posts and to see the language that is being used on the site. Here are a couple of things you should know before starting on twitter:
    tweets - the name used for twitter posts
    #word - use the # sign in front of a word to "tag" a word for tracking topics or events
    @name - use the @ sign in front of a name to address a tweet to a specific user or to mention that user

2. Post daily tweets.
    Make sure you post at least once a day to keep your followers interested in you.

3. Don't spam, don't post all day long.
    Spamming will get you a bad rep fast, as does posting all day long (who has time to follow so many updates!) Keep your tweets meaningful and valuable.

4. Post your own links.
    Your followers are interested in what you are doing, so every once in a while, why not give them your links and let them see for themselves.

5. Engage in conversations.
    Engaging in others conversations and starting your own interesting conversations will get you a lot further than simply posting one-liners with no real lead to anything else.

6. Monitor what others are saying about you.
    Search for @mentions and respond to all direct messages, even if its negative messages to you.

7. Use twitter partner services.
    Use services like TwitPic, TwitVid, Yfrog, etc to post pictures or videos. This can help you stand out as well as help your branding.

8. Create lists.
    List can be fun, interesting or just plain crazy! Creating lists that are relative to your product will help you build your community of followers.

9. Have fun.
    Don't forget, Twitter was started to be a fun tool, so don't be so serious and have a bit of fun too!

Article written by Luke
    Do not reproduce this information without providing a linkback to this article.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

language is my whore, my mistress, my check-out girl. conran's Avatar
    I'm still really confused by Twitter. :shock:
    Tips for adult blogging: Adult Affiliate Blog
    Add Another Income Stream: Sell Adult Toys
    Fleshjack, Butt Plugs and more great Mens Sex Toys from a UK Men Only Shop
    Primary business: Gay Content Writer

GWW Community Member
    thanks for the tips , luke!

++ Creation Crew Designs - Quality Designs in Affordable Price ++
    Icq : 194-370-797 and 348-423-164 | Email : sales@creationcrew.com

How long have you been gay?
    we can use services like twiends etc to get followers faster
    that ll definately gonna helpful

Affiliate Manager [ManPlay.com] ClickSniper's Avatar
    another enlightened post Luke. Great advise. You nailed it - authenticity is key.
    Start Making Money Today: http://affiliate.sexsearch.com/?ref=69140
    jasonv@theinfinitynetwork.com | ICQ: 608300978
    ManPlay.com | XXXMatch.com | PassionSearch.com | SexSearch.com

How long have you been gay?
    Hey,

this is good post but what i am looking for the....

I am looking for the techniques which can be use for the twitter as well as people use # & other sign so if any body can give me such info for the same...

i would like to be thankful to you....
    smith Brown

nices tips i will try this tips on my twitter

Email: webmasters@digit-idea.com

Affiliate Manager [ManPlay.com] ClickSniper's Avatar
    I've been playing around with Twitter quite a bit this week and found some cool web services (mostly free for basic use) that I thought might be helpful to share

http://twitlistmanager.com - Great tool for quickly building and organizing your twitter lists

http://manageflitter.com/ - Filter your Tweeter friends by who doesn't follow back, most active, least active, inactive, etc.. Great for cleaning up your following base

http://www.bufferapp.com - Awesome service to let you schedule tweets and bookmark links to share while you surf. It also helps you determine the optimal time of day to tweet based on your individual followers

http://refollow.com - Discover new people to follow and clean up & organize those you already follow. I like the easy to use interface of this one the best

http://formulists.com/ - Helps you quickly build automatic lists based on many variables you can specify. Best for finding new friends that are similar to you.

The recurring theme with all of these apps/services is QUALITY over QUANTITY. As Luke mentioned already, the key is to engage with a community of like-minded individuals and/or those already interested in what you have to say. So remember to "Keep it Real!", as they say.

I'm @AffiliateCare on Twitter if you want to be friends
    Start Making Money Today: http://affiliate.sexsearch.com/?ref=69140
    jasonv@theinfinitynetwork.com | ICQ: 608300978
    ManPlay.com | XXXMatch.com | PassionSearch.com | SexSearch.com

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Millions of people visit twitter every day. So this is mean to send our views and detail of our site of business to these visited people. So we can send our link to twitter so that following that visitors can reach to us. This is effective media to enhance our business.

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    I hadn't seen those web service links before, thanks for posting those! Mighty helpful

http://manageflitter.com/ - Love manage flitter!

I am actually using Twitter to promote my blogs and contents. I very much agree to the tips written here. Some may find it a bit challenging at first to get new followers, that's how it just goes but after a while you'll get the followers to grow each day. Just keep 'em interested and comment on their posts too

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Thank you for this post, it's very usefull.. cheers

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    The Twitter community values interaction with real people. If the only thing you're adding to the conversation is a push to visit your website, you aren't going to have a strong and valuable reputation on Twitter. Some people will still follow you and click your links, but you'll be leaving several unique opportunities on the table, untouched.

Setting Twitter aside for the moment, what does your business or organization need to do better? Some misguided business leaders think they need to be Twitter because "that's where our customers are," and don't see that Twitter is a tool that can help a business achieve its real goals. Is the business growing rapidly, and you need to find new employees or contractors? Is one of your business's pain points that it doesn't listen to its customers or clients? Do you need to improve internal communication between employees? Twitter can help you address those issues and many more