Thread: New site for discreet men

How long have you been gay?

New site for discreet men

Hi there,

I recently created a dating site for very closeted/discreet men. I'm not going to post the link, because I don't want you all to think I'm a spammer. That said, I need some advice.

Thus far I have advertised exclusively on Craigslist (yes, as in, posting ads in a city and replying to each person who replies). Thus far I have had about a 2% conversation rate, which is pretty good I guess.

I'm looking to build an affiliate program over the next few weeks so that I can get more members. What strategies are most effective for building a great affiliate program in this very competitive niche?

Also, do you think it is realistic that I could make even more money than I already have (I've made around $200 thus far advertising exclusively on Craigslist and, again, having about a 2% conversation ratio)? Thanks for your help.

Affiliate programs are a great way to extend the reach of your program, but don't expect affiliates to make you millions of dollars without any work. Running an affiliate program requires a lot of time and investment in things like a script & domain to run the the program itself, plus banners, content, advertising, etc. Also, don't expect your program to be marketed as discretely as you would market it yourself.

That being said, affiliate programs are a great way to get your branding known to a larger group of people, so it is very realistic you will make more money. And you can start small, using your biller's built-in affiliate program and getting some marketing materials listed in a special area of your dating site's URL.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com