Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Europe Anyone?

I'm not gay; I'm British! daedal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    I will get a new iPhone in the UK. I'm hoping - like in the US - any provider serves the whole UK - England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland.

Then, I'm hoping there is a provider that might serve European countries, even if that means swapping SIM cards, from country to country, to fit local cell phone frequencies.
    All the UK Operators have full UK coverage, and most also offer coverage in all of Europe with the same SIM card.

Europe has a maximum mobile charge rate, so that a mobile operator can only charge up to the maximum so it doesn't matter really which UK network or European network you use the charges are about the same.

There are a couple of specific virtual operators that offer fairly cheap charges using the same SIM, the two I remember of the top of my head are Talk Mobile, offered by the UK's biggest mobile phone retailer, and Tesco Mobile from the UK's biggest supermarket

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    If you are plannning to visit Czech and Slovak republics, Germany, Austria or Switzerland hit me up with any questions you might have.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I almost bought my ticket tonight!

But I need to call them first, and they are closed for the evening.

I'd rather be whole, than good NALEM's Avatar
    I will recommend UK countryside. anyone like it too? :pigs10:

- Yan

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I will be arriving at Gatwick Airport.

I'd rather be whole, than good NALEM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    I will be arriving at Gatwick Airport.
    Nickbaer, good luck!
    - Yan :slurp:

Since I was ten!
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    Wow, I bet it will be an amazing trip! I don't have any tips but just wanted to wish you a great time! When are you leaving?
    I live in the UK what sort of thing do you need to know?

Inexpensive lodging. In the US, we have great Hotel chains, with furnished studios and suites, with kitchens, TV and Internet, for $30/night. I need some better lodging options in the UK.

I do plan to visit Cardiff. Wales is half of my ancestral heritage. North of Cardiff, as well as Beaumaris. I hear Beaumaris (and Anglesey) has been busy with tourists this WInter, because Wills and Kate were living up there. But maybe that is improving, as the wedding approaches.

Since I was ten!
    interesting nickbaer I live about 30mins from cardiff so if you fancy a coffee let me know ! Its a great city and you should have some fun there.
    Look out for Premier Inns they do some cheap deals though I have to say that you'll find it hard to find anything decent for under £40! If you google Cardiff Im sure you'll find the best deals.

I just got off the phone with Orange. I probably will need to buy a new iPhone, 395GBP, and get a Pay As You Go plan. A US Tourist won't pass the 'credit check" with no UK credit history, for anything more than Pay As You Go.

In order to travel to other countries, and be able to swap SIM cards, I will need an unlocked iPhone, 20GBP.

Does anyone have experience getting an unlocked iPhone in the UK? Apparently Orange will do it, perhaps not every authorized reseller.

My current US AT+T iPhone 3G is 1 1/2 years old. I took it to Europe in the summer of 2009. Turned it off for 79 of the 81 days I was in Poland-Germany-Belgium. Except to use it as my alarm clock.

I will most use the phone for GPS, and SMS txt. In other words: Data, rather than voice.

It is a bit old so I am not against getting a new model - although I'm not flush with cash and could get along with not spending the $634USD, plus $30 to unlock, and $30 Pay As You Go on the first day I arrive. That all cuts into my shooting budgets.

Better deal with Apple Store White City (near Gatwick).

Walk in, buy unlocked iPhone, with removable SIM card, buy Orange pay As You Go.

Walk out the door with a working phone activated, configured, paid for!

450GBP - phone, tax, 1-2 month's prepaid service with Orange.

Since I was ten!
    if you need to get your phone unlocked there are plenty of places in the tottenham court road. It wall to wall with electrical shops and a few have signs out side for that service- thats if your staying in central london

I am looking to stay in Kensington at first.

Any pros and cons about Kensington? It seems to be a bit less expensive to live in than Chelsea, and inner city London.

What actually defines the "West End"?

I would like to go to what we call in America "community theater". Not big commercial theater stages, but the small, independent, groups of actors who put on shows a few times a year... often with gay themes or stage nudity (male).

Since I was ten!
    kensington is a nice area but victoria is better from the point of view of many more hotels and not far from area called Vauxhall where a lot of the gay bars and clubs are now located. west-end is north of charing cross train station and thats where most of the theaters are-not sure about fringe places though .I think you 'll have to have a look around on the internet theres no main area for them.

Thanks! I'll change my search params.

Then, I'll get your advice about Cardiff or Swansea. No Beaumaris until after the Royal Wedding.