Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Uber-Blog Project

I'm Not Gay but My Girlfriend Is.
    Quote Originally Posted by conran View Post
    Hey Luke,

Yes, I neglected to mention the problem with a hyphen in direct input. Thanks for bringing that up. It is important to remember that plenty of guys will just type in a domain name assuming that it exists. This is of course why simple names are worth so much.

I thought about the blogger thing after moving to paid and deactivating the blogs there for risk of duplicate content.

I created a new blog on a sub of my new paid hosting and imported all the content from Blogger, then set up a redirect to go to my new domain.
    I did this on several sites, but on one I imported everything to a new sub and didn't divert the blogger blog to it.
    But despite the risk of duplicate content, this blog is performing better in traffic than any other.

I've since gone back to blogger and reactivated another, and added a link in the last post advising of the move. Since I did that the traffic to the new one of that niche has risen too.

I can only assume that this is reader reaction to being diverted. I believe Blogger adds a warning that the site is diverting and asks the visitor to agree. Nervous surfers might not.

It seems easier to build a following on Blogger, so I thought it was worth giving that a try and seeing if it gives the new one a boost when it's ready to go.
    dear conran & luke, you guys are awesome for all this hard work and effort. i am watching, listening and trying to soak all i can. thanks for all your hard work!!

language is my whore, my mistress, my check-out girl. conran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chickwoutadick View Post
    dear conran & luke, you guys are awesome for all this hard work and effort. i am watching, listening and trying to soak all i can. thanks for all your hard work!!
    I've been a bit lax on this recently haven't I? So busy these days!
    I'll try to pop back after I'm done with my workload today and post an update.

Glad you're finding it useful! :icon_smile:
    Tips for adult blogging: Adult Affiliate Blog
    Add Another Income Stream: Sell Adult Toys
    Fleshjack, Butt Plugs and more great Mens Sex Toys from a UK Men Only Shop
    Primary business: Gay Content Writer

great idea conran

I am just starting to set up my new blog, I have done many sites in the past and doing a blog just fits with what I like to do right now.

• I have the theme and style uploaded

• my chosen niche as well is twink and straight (just a personal favorite of mine, I've always had a soft spot for straight guys)

• speed was very inportant so I placed this on a dedicated server and everything was optimized to reduce download times

• now I am at the stage of formating the page and post structures, and deciding what else aside from content the end user may want/need/desire

I am very glad you choose to discuss this and look foward to where this is going
    Love what I do! Cum and visit anytime...
    Movies, resources & more :fucked:

So guys, any updates on what has been happening with this project?