Developing relationships in this industry is not simply political but at times abuses the word 'trust'. I am told that we are here to make money - simple as that, the relationships that are developed are fake or at best distant friends that would be traded in for a higher payout or traffic.

Today I read on the boards regarding PSW - and although I do have friends there, my first reaction isnt to slander. I would like to believe they are not laying awake at night bulking up there offshore accounts and finding ways of screwing us all around. Instead my hope is that they are trying to honestly work through the bad situation and to pay their clients. But this situation along with other working relationships is based just on that one word, "trust".

I trust that someone will honor their agreement with me, I trust that when someone says they will purchase I can expect money, or when a company says they pay out/up their accounts they do.

Trust is based on this equation

T = Truth
R = Respect
U = Understanding
S = Sincerity
T = Time

If you cant hold up to one or all of them then why do we promote ourselves as someone trustworthy?? Oh yeah.. because it is thought that the more trustworthy someone is.. the more sales / money they bring into the company.

My karma ran over my dogma a long time ago, and in order to survive these days 'trust' and a stronger working environment is needed or the adult business will turn very ugly and only the sleaziest of them all will survive.

Companies who bite the hand that feeds them eventually will cease to exist, adult insiders/webmasters/guru's who by all appearance have a 'do as I say, not what I do' approach.

We can also trash one another on boards, then secretly apologize - that is true diplomat, one who says "nice doggie" while patting it on the head with one hand, all the while reaching for a stick with the other.

As for myself, I prefer to vent this than speak of those who have betrayed my good nature or ban / fail to do business with me due to my associations. Just tired of being a nice guy who wants to be honest in what he does.