Thread: Take caution if you use ie9's tracking protection lists

Take caution if you use ie9's tracking protection lists

It was revealed yesterday that i.e.9's tracking protection listss feature can leave a huge hole open in your privacy.

Microsoft added "Tracking Protection Lists" to IE9 to help provide greater protection for surfer online privacy. Users can download one or multiple tracking protection lists, available from a variety of companies like Abine, EasyList, PrivacyChoice, and Truste.

But when an IE9 user downloads multiple tracking protection lists and a site's blocked on one list but allowed on another, IE9 will allow the site, letting it to track the user's activities.

This can be a huge hole, particularly if a hacker develops the ability to insert their own lists, allowing their sites which may be blocked by every other tracking list out there.

Microsoft claims this is a "feature" and is not working on fixing this issue, so if you use i.e.9 and use the tracking protection lists, be careful what lists you add!!!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

DudesCash.com affiliates support
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    It was revealed yesterday that i.e.9's tracking protection listss feature can leave a huge hole open in your privacy.

Microsoft added "Tracking Protection Lists" to IE9 to help provide greater protection for surfer online privacy. Users can download one or multiple tracking protection lists, available from a variety of companies like Abine, EasyList, PrivacyChoice, and Truste.

But when an IE9 user downloads multiple tracking protection lists and a site's blocked on one list but allowed on another, IE9 will allow the site, letting it to track the user's activities.

This can be a huge hole, particularly if a hacker develops the ability to insert their own lists, allowing their sites which may be blocked by every other tracking list out there.

Microsoft claims this is a "feature" and is not working on fixing this issue, so if you use i.e.9 and use the tracking protection lists, be careful what lists you add!!!
    Who is still using ie nowadays? :happy:
    :pigs07:Fully 2257 compliant, paying twice a month:khi8g:
    100% hot amateur gay, str8, bi-curious and bisexual guys
    Just at Self Shot Boys . com - contact me for more info and start promoting it at Dudes Cash

hehe...yeah, I just use it for testing.

FYI, Stats Counter says that IE still accounts for 45% of browser usage in Feb 2011, while Firefox is at 30%, followed by Chrome (16.5%), Safari (5%) and Opera (2%).
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

DudesCash.com affiliates support
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    hehe...yeah, I just use it for testing.

FYI, Stats Counter says that IE still accounts for 45% of browser usage in Feb 2011, while Firefox is at 30%, followed by Chrome (16.5%), Safari (5%) and Opera (2%).
    joking of course

I found somewhere the stats about mobile devices browsers access too. It was really interesting to read it but can't find it anymore...
    :pigs07:Fully 2257 compliant, paying twice a month:khi8g:
    100% hot amateur gay, str8, bi-curious and bisexual guys
    Just at Self Shot Boys . com - contact me for more info and start promoting it at Dudes Cash