Thread: IE9 vs FF4 downloads

IE9 vs FF4 downloads

A couple of news stories on the new IE9 and FF4 browsers show that both are being adopted at incredible rates.

Microsoft reported that its seeing about 5 times as many downloads of IE9 than IE8 had in its same initial release period. That's impressive for a couple of reasons, first because all downloads before March 28 were user-initiated with over 90% of the downloads coming from non-IE9 RC or Beta users, including over a quarter from Chrome and Firefox users. And second, since IE9 only works on Windows7, this makes these numbers even harder to obtain from such a limited base of users.

Mozilla also reported some impressive stats, hitting over 50 million downloads as of April 1st, and glow.mozilla.org shows its nearing the 60 million mark today. Europe leads the way with 39% of these downloads, while N.America comes in second with 31% and Asia in third with 18%.

All this goes to show that the browser wars are going strong!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    I'm still stuck with FF 3.6.16 because there still isn't an update for CacheViewer. Looks like the developer is no longer actively working on the addon. It's such a great tool and make my works so much easier.

I'm not gay; I'm British! daedal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by attis View Post
    I'm still stuck with FF 3.6.16 because there still isn't an update for CacheViewer. Looks like the developer is no longer actively working on the addon. It's such a great tool and make my works so much easier.
    There is a tool on Mozilla that turns off compatibility checker, so you can install any extension, I'm using 4 with all my old addon's most work, only come across one that doesn't work 100% so far.

Really? Please tell us how. I upgraded to 4, but am missing my screenshot pimp and cacheviewer plugins terribly!!!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

I am new here
    I can't upgrade my internet explorer, I tried and it tells me that I need new windows too

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I'm with Luke, I upgraded and now most of my add ons don't work and it's driving me crazy! I'm such a creature of habit I have such a hard time now. Plus they changed the order of the open tab and open page options when you right lick something, and I'm so in the habit of opening multiple tabs when surfing that I end up accidentally launching a bunch of windows. I hate it.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    I found a way to keep Cache Viewer working in FF4. Updated to FF4 this morning and it works like before.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/4782981/

Read the second post by gaz from April 7, 2011 and follow his instructions. :thumbsup:

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    I swapped to Chrome. I hate the amount of times i close firefox and th eprogram doesn't full close and i need to close the process. and i don;t like IE
    Rebel-ads.com- For all your traffic needs
    Yourluckygay.com-Looking for trades, and Content.
    Looking to Sell your Gay Traffic/Submit accounts Ask me how i can help
    icq 594525610 devin@rebel-ads.com

I haven't used Chrome at all, how is it? Does it have any plugins or extensions like FF?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director