Thread: music is a great drug

music is a great drug

A study released by McGill University in Canada has shown that listening to music can cause your body to release the neurochemical dopamine.

Music, an abstract stimulus, can arouse feelings of euphoria and craving, similar to tangible rewards that involve the striatal dopaminergic system. Using the neurochemical specificity of [11C]raclopride positron emission tomography scanning, combined with psychophysiological measures of autonomic nervous system activity, we found endogenous dopamine release in the striatum at peak emotional arousal during music listening.

These results indicate that intense pleasure in response to music can lead to dopamine release in the striatal system. Notably, the anticipation of an abstract reward can result in dopamine release in an anatomical pathway distinct from that associated with the peak pleasure itself. Our results help to explain why music is of such high value across all human societies.
    More info on this study can be found at http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/...l/nn.2726.html

So whats your choice of music drugs? I love groove, lounge and dance music myself.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I am new here
    I like going to dance clubs with good energy music

I've got more gay in my little pinky, than you have in your entire body
    Once in a while I need to cry. I'm not even sure why. So I just listen to some good classical music and the tears start to flow and then after I am done I feel so much better. A drug indeed!
    Bert

TwinkPay

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    mmmm that stuff is good :pigs14:
    Dade Williams

I'm not gay; I'm British! adamz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    A study released by McGill University in Canada has shown that listening to music can cause your body to release the neurochemical dopamine.

So whats your choice of music drugs? I love groove, lounge and dance music myself.
    Luke check out: Nightmares On Wax
    I'd link the url but I can't yet v=Ix5Pjob5jG8

Adam | JuicyBoys.com | Affiliate Manager | Content Purchaser
    E adam(at)juicyboys.com | ICQ 588537270 | http://www.xbiz.net/adamz