Thread: Apple Debuts Final Cut Pro X at NAB, Completely Rebuilt with 64-Bit Support

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar

Apple Debuts Final Cut Pro X at NAB, Completely Rebuilt with 64-Bit Support

The many rumors have in fact turned out to be true. Apple took the stage at the NAB trade show in Las Vegas, a conference dedicated to digital video professionals, and demoed the newest version of Final Cut Pro, titled Final Cut Pro X.

Apple made sure to mention that Final Cut Pro X has been "rebuilt from the ground up" in order to ship with 64-bit support. That means this will be the first version of Final Cut to be able to utilize more than 4 GB of Ram. The new version can also handle 4K video with ease, and, possibly most importunely, the new Final Cut will render in the background, allowing instantaneous editing such as in the latest iMove. Final Cut will take advantage of Grand Central Dispatch, an application built into Snow Leopard, that will let Final Cut use all available cores for background rendering.

Other notable features from the keynote: Auto-image stabilization, automatic audio cleanup, range-based keywording (group shots by their range, simply based on their keyword) clip connections (lock audio to video no more V1 and A1, A2).

It should be noted that there was no mention of the remainder of Final Cut Studio, and no mention of an update for Final Cut Express. This looks like an extremely significant update to one of Apple's most popular pro applications. Final Cut Pro X will be available in the Mac App Store in June for $299.

Source:
    MacRumors FinalCut SuperMeet Coverage
    Dade Williams

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    The last time I checked in at www.LAFCPUG.org user forums, there was some hope that FCP would move away from the 20-year-old timeline/boxcars format originated by Adobe Premier, almost 20 years ago, to more like the modern AutoDesk (Avid) format.

I see today that FORUM is really happening!

I used to go to LAFPUG meetings in person when I lived in Hollywood 2004-2006, but it was hard as an adult editor to fit in.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. jeremyroddick's Avatar
    I just hope they will not do the same as they did from Quicktime 7 to Quicktime X. They cleared up a lot of functions to make it look more ergonomic to use.

But I've been working with FCP for a 7 years now and they are OVERDUE for an overhaul.
    Jeremy Roddick - www.bonobocash.com - ICQ: 375661750 - 1-877-824-7561 ext. 707
    Videoboys.com | Squirtz.com | JeremyRoddick.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    Hey guys, have a look at what it can do from the Keynote

http://www.razorianfly.com/2011/04/1...o-watch-video/
    Dade Williams