Thread: Bing may overtake Google in 2012

Bing may overtake Google in 2012

Mashable ran an article that outlined figures for USA-based searches by both Google and Bing and came up with an unlikely conclusion that it may be possible that Bing will overtake Google in 2012, assuming that the trend continues.

They based their article on stats released 2 days ago by HitWise (first graphic below) and compiles HitWise figures for the last 6 months to come up with their own graph (second graphic).

Then "We decided to graph out the answer to that question. In this scenario, Google drops 3% of its market share each month, while Bing gains 5% each month. Of course, this assumes sustained growth and sustained losses on the parts of both search engines. In a volatile market, it is extremely unlikely that we’ll see these exact numbers over the next year." (third graphic).

I don't think the predicted figures are likely, but there is some logic behind them and who knows, it may just happen???? But bottom line here is that Bing is actually growing, which is important for us to remember when doing SEO work!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

How long have you been gay? archer's Avatar
    definitely can't ignore yahoo and bing. together they some 30-40% of the se market.

ignore that and pay the price.

on the other hand google's results have sucked really bad lately. on just about any search i get links to articles 10 years old or more. that's not counting multiple links to the same article on different article farms. :ar15:

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    So what are the mysteries of seo for yahoo and bing? Is there a different approach or does it work the same way like for google? And do they fuck you over with new algorythms as well every now and then? Maybe it's more sensible to spend time with optimizing sites for them instead of wasting it with google.

I've got more gay in my little pinky, than you have in your entire body
    Well, predicting the future based on events in the past has never worked very well, has it? Just imagine Malthus had been right! Or the Club of Rome, or any other number of doomsayers.
    :-)
    Bert

TwinkPay

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    dgoogle's results have sucked really bad lately. on just about any search i get links to articles 10 years old or more. that's not counting multiple links to the same article on different article farms. :ar15:
    I've had the same results. One tip though that helps narrow the field is to put the topic and then a comma and then the year (or even month and year) of the oldest date you'd want referenced: I.E. topic being searched, 2010

You'll still get older stuff, but the newer ones will be up near the top.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I have 301 eBooks on my www.NickBaerGallery.com site that I have made myself. 99% of the titles start with the words "male nude photography".

They are sold on my site, on Amazon.com, on Kindle, on books.google.com, and are for sale via feeds and white label on a dozen other sites.

In www.Google.com, using the keywords "male nude photography" results in a screwy list, and I don't appear for several pages.

I do the same in Bing, and I find oddly curious similarities.

Same for Yahoo.

If someone is going to overtake someone, they had best get original, and democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by attis View Post
    So what are the mysteries of seo for yahoo and bing?
    Yeah I would love to hear from anyone that knows this too!!!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

I'm not gay; I'm British! adamz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by attis View Post
    So what are the mysteries of seo for yahoo and bing? Is there a different approach or does it work the same way like for google? And do they fuck you over with new algorythms as well every now and then? Maybe it's more sensible to spend time with optimizing sites for them instead of wasting it with google.
    Bling wouldn't work without Google search...

hXXp://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/microsofts-bing-uses-google-search.html

Adam | JuicyBoys.com | Affiliate Manager | Content Purchaser
    E adam(at)juicyboys.com | ICQ 588537270 | http://www.xbiz.net/adamz

I've got more gay in my little pinky, than you have in your entire body
    If you optimize your site and score well in Google for relevant terms, most likely you'll score well in Bing too.

Nickbaer, I looked up "male nude photography" on Google and the first page results are 10 very relevant websites full of male nude photography. I do not understand why that would be called a screwy list.

If I looked for pictures of male nudes in ebooks I would look for "male nude ebooks". And lo and behold, you score in first place for that in Google.
    Bert

TwinkPay

I found this article about SEO on Bing itself:
    http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/webmaster/archive/2009/09/03/search-engine-optimization-for-bing.aspx

SEO is fundamentally about creating websites that are good for people. The most basic advice we can give for achieving optimum rank for your site in Bing is to do the following:

- Develop great, original content (including well-implemented keywords) directed toward your intended audience
    - Use well-architected code in your webpages (including images and Sitemaps) so that users’ web browsers and search engine crawlers can read the content you want indexed)
    - Earn several, high-quality, authoritative inbound links
    The article then recommends checking out these links:
    - guidelines for successful indexing
    - Webmaster Center blog
    - Webmaster Center tools
    - Webmaster Center user forums
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director