Thread: Blackberry Playbook Review WITH VIDEO!

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar

Blackberry Playbook Review WITH VIDEO!

awesome video with this article im not a fan of the size but its pretty neat i love my iPad 2 though

The BlackBerry PlayBook isn't just the third major tablet platform to launch, or the first one to deeply poke at figuring out why 7-inch tablets should exist—it's literally the future of BlackBerry, since the QNX-based OS is going to be the gooey software heart of BlackBerry phones in the next year or so. This is not a bad thing.
    Source: Gizmodo
    Dade Williams

Looks neat, but I have read a few reviews that say its unimpressive and really misses the mark for obvious things. For instance, their main target is corporate clients as this is their stronghold, yet their PlayBook doesn't even come with built in email, address book or calendar apps. But it does have HDMI outputs to allow you to play videos on your TV, which IMHO is not important for corporate clients.

So if its targeted at the home consumer, who would buy this instead of an iPad?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Stats are out on how sales went for the BlackBerry Playbook, from the Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets. The report says that 50,000 PlayBooks were sold on launch date, that's a far cry from the 300,000 iPads that were sold when it first launched, but far better than launch day numbers from Android based products like Samsung Galaxy and Motorola Xoom.

“While the launch of the Playbook is not attracting overnight crowds, pre-order sales and in-store demand in major cities has been solid; however, AT&T’s prohibition of free tethering is an unexpected negative.”

So it looks like BlackBerry users are taking to the Playbook and it is carving a nice niche in the tablet market.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    have not had a chance to go test one out but i did try the xoom rof
    Dade Williams

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    I am not impressed at all with what I have seen of the Playbook.

"It's not going to be in the same league as the iPad," said an IDC analyst. We think it is unlikely that the Playbook will even suppress the Galaxy Tab. Only time will tell if it goes past the others like Xoom or Eee Pad etc.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/RIM-Pla...e.51802.0.html

OMG i went to the store today to go look at the playbook and pick up an iPad dock, fucking hilarious its soo friggen small didnt seem very light for its size, launching the demo racing game was SLOW and there was no buttons i had to ask how to get out of the app it was just a gesture anywho i think its a big FAIL i would say xoom kicks its ass, but one cannot write off android tablets honey comb 3.0 sony is releasing two s1 and s2 one is a normal tablet size like ipad and the other is a clam shape two screen one "interesting idea" but if everyone goes out and makes android tablets the market place will catch up

however the smart company is the one who waits and tests and makes sure that when they release a product all features are there from day one and they work not coming soon.:jerkoff:
    Dade Williams

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    The main problem with the Android tablet market is Apple has secured about 60% of the supply of the lcd displays that go in them. So, as long as these guys keep fucking it up it will never catch on. And Honeycomb is still VERY buggy.

7" tablets are a POS imho. The size of the Ipad is just right and about $100 cheaper than the 7" tablets for the low end model.