Thread: Using The Word Free In Your Marketing - Adult B2B Marketing Tip

No no i'm really handsome, all the lesbians love me. AdultB2B's Avatar

Using The Word Free In Your Marketing - Adult B2B Marketing Tip

FREE! This Four Letter Word Can Make You A Lot Of Money...No Matter What Business You're In

We're going to talk about a marketing technique: how to use the word FREE to generate increased sales and profits. I always hesitate to talk about specific techniques because there are always people out there that try to use the techniques without first gaining the understanding of why it works in the first place. So please read this article with an open mind and remember: I'm trying to paint with broad strokes so you can understand the general concept and then draw specific applications to your business later.

Now let's talk about FREE. In case you didn't know, FREE just happens to be the most powerful word in marketing and advertising. No other word draws as much attention. No other word can generate as much action. On the other hand, no word is as overused and under-potentialized as the word FREE. Often customers become jaded when they find out that the wonderful FREE (whatever) is really worthless, nonexistent, based on unrealistic conditions, cheesy, stupid or just plain NOT FREE after all.

We're going to attempt to find ways to use FREE and make a favorable impression with our prospects and customers...and make them want to do more FULL PRICE business with us. After all, any idiot can give stuff away for free or at a discounted price. It takes a skilled marketing practitioner, however, to properly use FREE and still make a full profit.

FREE Isn't Just For Cheesy Businesses. It's For Everyone.

To prove to you that FREE isn't just for a cheesy, retail oriented business, let's start with examples straight from a high end business: a cardiology group. They used the power of FREE to make more money. Here's how:

The cardiology group made money by performing procedures on patients referred from other less specialized physicians. The key then is to have as many physicians as possible referring patients to their group. We found out the office manager of the referring physicians often makes the decision on where to send their patients for cardiology. How do we influence the office manager to choose our client over all the competitors? And how does FREE fit into all of this?

First of all, we produced a video that did a nice job of explaining the selling advantages of our client. How about sending a FREE video out to all the office managers of all the doctor's offices...that might be a good free offer. Only problem is, it won't work. Almost none of the office managers have a DVD player at the office and they sure as heck ain't taking that thing home to waste their valuable personal time. FREE-ologists, press on.

A better way is to take the FREE offer to a much higher level...a level that inspires action. Here's what we did. We took the same free video that would have very little impact if mailed by itself...then we went to Blockbuster Video and Boston Market and bought gift certificates from both places. Then we sent the video and gift certificates to each of the office managers with a simple, short letter:

Dear Office Manager,

I know that you get solicitations all the time from all types of doctors, pharmaceutical companies, and medical supply vendors. I, too, am trying to gain your interest in doing business with our company. But instead of wasting your time with the usual office visit and literature, I've arranged for you to spend a relaxing evening at your home. Please accept these coupons for two free movies and $20 worth of food. When you get a chance to use these coupons, all I ask is that you do me one small favor: either between movies or after the kids have gone to sleep, please pop this short 9 minute video in and see what we're all about. Thanks for your time.

What do you think is the chance of that video getting watched? Just about 100%. What kind of impact does it have on the prospect? Highly favorable. This approach sure makes follow up easier, too. Instead of the usual follow up call "We sent you a video, did you watch it yet?" they now say "Have you had a chance to use those free coupons yet?" Whether they have or haven't, the reaction is always favorable. This approach directly leads to more business.

Another example Monday.

For more information SUBSCRIBE to our new weekly marketing newsletter.

Cage Payments

SUBSCRIBE to our new marketing newsletter!

Looking forward to Monday's post.

No no i'm really handsome, all the lesbians love me. AdultB2B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Looking forward to Monday's post.
    Thanks so much!

Bruce

Cage Payments

SUBSCRIBE to our new marketing newsletter!