Thread: Off Subject - Dogs are our friends!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Off Subject - Dogs are our friends!

So let's feed them right!

I hadn't known this. I have 3 dogs. I've been feeding them Beneful for years.

Well one we've had a big problem putting weight on him. He needs to gain 15 pounds. He's a black lab / collie mix.

I found out at the vet last month that Beneful is THE WORST food you could ever give a dog. It's graded a big fat F! The worst food you could ever give a dog! It's nothing but nastiness! They don't get full. Think of it as eating chinese food. They eat and eat and eat and they never get full.

Between the three, I bought 4 BIG bags of Beneful a month. They'd go through 1 bag a week.

I also have 2 dogs that are overweight. One needed to lose about 10 pounds. The other about 5 pounds.

Anyways, after finding that out I started them on Buffalo Blue.

Since, the shedding has slowed down. Their coats have became shiny and really nice. And they only go through 1 bag a month. Here's the price comparison....
    A month, I was spending $120 on Beneful. Four bags
    Now, I spend $60 a month on Buffalo Blue. They go through 1 bag a month.

My one pup has put on great weight.
    One has lost 5 pounds
    The other has lost 2 pounds.

They only want to eat twice a day. I'd say they only eat about a total of 5 cups of food a day.

This may sound gross, but even their feces is looking "healthier" before they had the runs all of the time. Now it looks healthier LOL.

Just thought I would share this with you.

FYI... Buffalo Blue is graded an A.

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    i heard that stuff i supposed to be great for dogs

UPLOADS PICS of your furry friends dogs too :033102kiss_1_prv:
    Dade Williams

Here you are....

This is Bandit. He's 12yo. Australian Cattle Dog

This is Buddy. He's 3yo. Collie / Lab Mix

This is Taxi. She's 6yo Chocolate Lab / Boxer Mix

Taxi again

Buddy and Bandit Playing Tug-A-War together.

Buddy and Bandit again

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    awwwwwwww i wuv taxi
    Dade Williams

She is the best! She's honestly a bitch. LOL. She rules the house. When I give them dog bones (I usually get the ones about 2 ft long), she'll hog them. The toys she'll hog. But she's very loyal. When someone comes on the property, she knows. She can be agressive if something doesn't feel right. She was my first dog.

The others are great too.

These guys have all been rescued...

Taxi was going to be taken to the shelter because the mother had a baby, her allergies were all messed up, she had a tough time finding her a home.

Buddy we found on craigslist. He came abused badly. He had burn marks on him which the vet looked into and were cigarette burns. He had bacteria infections covering his body which were caused by him being forced to lay in his feces and urine. $3,000 later between neutering, surgeries, meds, etc. he's still here!

Bandit lived in the SPCA about 8 years. He was in and out. All because his former owners said he was agressive and bit. You have to understand him. He's not agressive. He is grumpy because he's getting old. He doesn't bite, he nips. There's a difference. His instinct is to herd on a farm. That's where the nipping comes. And he doesn't even do that. He lived in a no-kill shelter and when I found him, he was about to be shipped off to one that does kill so they could make room for another dog.

They're just great! A huge ball of sunshine. Very loving, loyal, attention hungry, I wouldn't change them for the world!

sounds like some great companions
    Dade Williams

I'm Not Gay but My Girlfriend Is.
    this is a very nice story!!

Quote Originally Posted by chickwoutadick View Post
    this is a very nice story!!
    Thanks

those doggies are too cute!! I had a couple dogs (both passed now) and I always fed them Science Diet or Eukanuba. My vet recommended these as my first dog had loads of allergies. And both lived to see 14 so it must have been good. I am glad you found out and switched, hopefully you will have happier and healthier dogs
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

language is my whore, my mistress, my check-out girl. conran's Avatar
    Lovely friends you have there! I love Buddy, he looks so cute!

We have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my nephew bought as a "status dog". :2ar15:
    Not surprisingly, the novelty wore off after a week and he was soon living in the kitchen and being ignored.
    So, I stole him. ::

He's a lovely dog.

On the food thing, it's pretty much the same for Humans too. The quality of most food out there even for people is so poor, and people just don't see it. Everything is packed with chemicals and crap, and portions of actual sustenance are now minimal to increase profit.
    I bought some Chicken pies a week ago and threw them out after having one, there was only one little piece of actual Chicken in it! The rest was pastry and gravy with a couple of slithers of vegetables.

It's shocking what some companies can get away with.
    Tips for adult blogging: Adult Affiliate Blog
    Add Another Income Stream: Sell Adult Toys
    Fleshjack, Butt Plugs and more great Mens Sex Toys from a UK Men Only Shop
    Primary business: Gay Content Writer

Quote Originally Posted by conran View Post
    On the food thing, it's pretty much the same for Humans too. The quality of most food out there even for people is so poor, and people just don't see it. Everything is packed with chemicals and crap, and portions of actual sustenance are now minimal to increase profit.
    Your exactly right.

The way I look at it is... Can everyone live off salads with no real meats? No, you'll kill yourself of malnutrition. That's what these dog food companies do.

Like the Beneful, it had the big pretty colors, shows you all these beautiful pictures of food on it, the price, and even their commercials on the television looked great.
    Well it's not all that it's cracked up to be. It's not false advertising. It's fake meats and fake vegetables. "Fillers."

So your right.

And I hate those Pot Pies! I know what your talking about. I think it's Swanson that does that. I got one about a month ago after not having any for years. I popped it in the oven, pulled it out, made myself a plate. When I cut into it, it seemed to be all gravy, a couple peas, and one tiny piece of chicken. So I threw it out.

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!
    Awww what sweet dogs! Love them! I also give my two puppies Blue Buffalo.. and occasionally some wet food as a treat..
    Holly Ruprecht
    Business Development

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    I have 2 dogs. ( No photos handy ) One is a mutt. at least 13 fences. the other us Pure and kind of looks like this. Link hottin that.

Anyway. we used to feed the mutt and our other dog science diet as it was readly available and average price a bit more but not bad. Now its hard as hell to get and a 50LB (25 kilo ) bag is about 145$ So we get the next best which is ironically from sams. Its called Exceed. Pretty good stuff and the dogs only eat 1 time a day.