Thread: GoDaddy negligent in domain ownership transfer

GoDaddy negligent in domain ownership transfer

A US appeals court has ruled that domain registration companies can be held responsible for wrongly transferring domain ownership in the case of Eysoldt v GoDaddy.

In this particular case, Jeff Eysoldts had registered a number of websites and email addresses under one Go Daddy account, including the doman myrejuvenate.com, as part of a deal between him and Proscan Rejuvenate Aesthetic Laser Centres.

When the deal between the two was terminuated, Proscan's owner Ruth Wallace phoned GoDaddy and claimed ownership of the myrejuvenate.com domain name. GoDaddy helped the owner take control over Jeff's GoDaddy account. That included all his personal domains and email accounts too. When Wallace discovered that Jeff and his family's websites and email accounts were included in the account that GoDaddy transferred to her, she sent an email back to GoDaddy requesting they transfer everything but the myrejuvenate.com domain back to Jeff. But that email was ignored.

The judge was quoted as saying
    Much about Go Daddy's conduct causes us concern, particularly (GoDaddy's) inaction when Wallace emailed him and asked him to return to Jeff everything in the account but Myrejunenate.com.
    Shocking!!!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Typical. they know whats best for us. we need to sit back and take it.

NOT!

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    i just called them and told them i own sex.com and to transfer it to me, wo0t i got a sweet domain rof

thats pretty crazy story :juggle:
    Dade Williams

I'd rather be whole, than good NALEM's Avatar
    I am sorry to hear this, it really shocked me!
    GD as the tycoon, took the precedent, how we as the registrants trust registrars any more?
    I only hope either Bob can fix it at his own end, or UDRP/ICANN/... jump in to intervene. Otherwise, the 'Domain Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy' will be equal to bullshit!

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    I pulled all my domains out of GoDaddy a while ago after I started dabbling in buying/selling domain names. They have such a bad reputation on so many levels.

language is my whore, my mistress, my check-out girl. conran's Avatar
    Very glad I don't use them and never will.
    But doesn't it make you wonder... with the sheer number of customers they have, this surely isn't the only instance of something like this happening.
    Tips for adult blogging: Adult Affiliate Blog
    Add Another Income Stream: Sell Adult Toys
    Fleshjack, Butt Plugs and more great Mens Sex Toys from a UK Men Only Shop
    Primary business: Gay Content Writer