Thread: Do you promote DVDs and Novelties?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Do you promote DVDs and Novelties?

We're going to beta test affiliates promoting our novelties, DVDs, etc. on http://sebastiansstudios.net/content/ (It's blank until we finish up the new shopping cart to integrate with CCBill)
    Our live ETA is July 12th at the latest.

Anyways, would you guys promote tangible products?

We offer same day shipment if orders come in by 11AM. Otherwise shipped next day.

All orders are shipped with Delivery Confirmation.

To be honest, in the 6-7 years we've been selling tangible products, only ever had aprox. 7 chargebacks. memberships we've had 6 in 8.5 years. We do have a collection agency chargebacks or checks are sent to. When chargebacks arise, the affiliate is deducted by default from CCBill. When we collect the funds from the collection agency (60%) We split the 60% with the affiliate, or have it added to their account through CCBill.

We will be carrying aprox. 1,000 products.
    Over 800 novelties, lubes, games, toys, etc.
    The site will be traffic leak free. HOWEVER, there will be banners to OUR sites. If a consumer clicks on the banners and joins a site or makes any purchases with us, you would get that transaction as an affiliate. We've worked very hard to integrate everything with CCBill this way we can offer affiliates nearly everything.

We honestly do have all markets covered:
    Memberships
    Tangible Products
    DVD Downloads / VOD
    Live Cam Sites
    A Hookup site still waiting to be launched.

So anytime you send us traffic.... A customer clicks on any links and joins or buys... You get credit!

CCBill is our primary biller. We do not have a secondary. We are very confident in CCBill, I sincerely doubt we'll ever leave. The owners refuse to. So your traffic is safe and you never have to worry about us lacking in payment

If you do promote tangibles... What would you like to have as a marketing tool?

I have never had any luck pushing DVDs or novelties, I had a members area whitelabel dvd shop online for years and never made one sale. Maybe you guys can come out and give some tips and techniques for selling?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    I absolutely suck at selling. (Ironic that I'm an affiliate, huh)

But I have heard others do really great at it so...

I'm not going to lie, I'm not going to beat around the bush. When I am selling our affiliate program to others, I'm 100% straight forward. I'm like that because I've worked with some seriously shady companies out there. It's the worst feeling in the word getting ran around the bush.

With that said....

Tangibles are not an easy sell. They're just not. That's why we let our store shut down last year. Also mainly because we didn't have the manpower to keep it updated. Without updates, sales go down fast as we all know.

We're going to give it a shot providing it to affiliates.

We're integrated with CCBill on our affiliate program. Can you guys get paid 50% commission with any other tangible product retailer? No! They payout percentages but not 50%. We can't change that. I'm sure there's a way, but it's too much of a hassle.

Our prices are competitive with other online retailers. We keep our items directly at the same price as everyone else.

Everything is shipped within 1 business day of the orders (Monday - Saturday).

When we had the store open before, we had A LOT of repeat customers.

We also have cookies set to 120 days with CCBill. The way everything transfers is... If you send a customer today, they buy - you get paid. They return in 30-90 days and buy again, your paid again. So on and so forth until 121 days.

We REFUSE to put an item out that could possibly be discontinued by either us or a distribution company. We have worked out deals with the studios we're selling for along with the distributors. We will offer affiliates promotional tools such as boxcovers, a few screen grabs, descriptions, everything but video trailers and even on like ours we will offer trailers but no other product. We are working on I-Frames. When new releases are added, those will be generated into an I-Frame. They will automatically have your link code in them. We will encourage you to test them.

We'll have banners of all shapes and sizes.

Also, we're completely redoing a website. Essentially you send your traffic to one webpage. It will direct the traffic what they are looking for. So you could push traffic to one webpage and let it re-route them.

Once everything is up and going, we'll certainly do everything we can within our power to help affiliates earn sales. If your not making money, we're not making money, we all need to make money. Easy as that

So maybe you guys will give us a shot. Try us out. Maybe 30 days. We'll do everything to help you make sales.

Another thing with our store vs. others.... We have exclusive partnerships with some studios. DVDs are sold on our store, but no other store across the internet. (We manufacture in house). What they are, I don't even know. It's held "top secret" right now. All I know is that there's 3 toys and 2 lubes.....

Same with Novelties. We have a couple toys and a lube that's being manufactured by us. We own the trademarks, patents, etc. Those are coming out soon.

So I think there's certainly some benefit on it. And again, I'll help everyone in any way, and I will keep everyone updated on what we're doing.

I am also working on a "e-book" on how to make money with us and our affiliate program. It may be beneficial for you in promoting us, it may help you in promoting others. I think it'll help everyone.

Does that sound okay for an answer? LOL, I wanted to answer the best that I could.

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    I have never had any luck pushing DVDs or novelties, I had a members area whitelabel dvd shop online for years and never made one sale. Maybe you guys can come out and give some tips and techniques for selling?
    That reminds me Luke!

If you put a banner for us in your members area... We have a way for you to give your customers a discount. You could state something like "Head on over to this DVD / Novelty Store" Just because your a member to HunkMoney, I'm giving back to you! Save X% today! They will get the discount. And you will get the 50% commission as an affiliate. That's one thing that we're extremely happy with.

I know your thinking, "How are they making money if they're giving away 50% to affiliates and giving discounts?" Well, leave that to us We buy in bulk, so we save more money.

WE WILL NEVER SELL ANYTHING Higher than $45.00. The $50 - $60 dvd days are over. We all know that.

Just in DVDs, they will run the customer $12.95 for one scene DVDs all the way up to $45 for a DVD. The pricing works on the number of scenes in a movie and the runtime.

So there's a selling advantage for you. And others.