Thread: Pay Site Owners please read and help ?

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar

I Wonder? Pay Site Owners please read and help ?

Evening all, we are working on a new site and are about to start converting loads of new video content but since we first launched wankoffworld.com technology and alike has changed and so it seems are everyones wishes for video content !

When we look around and ask a few webmasters that we do know, many say different things and opinions as to what types of videos we should offer in our members area etc and specs.

I wonder if pay site owners and alike could share with me and everyone the following:

So for each exclusive video :

What types of videos should we offer ? .mp4 .wmv .flv (for streaming)
    most seem to no longer offer each video type split into parts but instead just one complete .wmv file and mp4 and flv file etc

What frame width and height ?

What data rate ? eg kbps

What total bitrade ? eg kbps

What Frame Rate ? eg 25 frames / second

What Audio bit rate ? eg kbps

What should be the maxumum file size of each video ? Most of our videos will run between 15 and 30 minutes.

In anticpation of some help and feedback, with much thanks Peter

Introducing Amateurs Do It - Your Next Big Seller in 2015 - AmateursDoIt.com
    WOW Media Cash affiliate program for AmateursDoIt.com & WankOffWorld.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Hey Peter!
    We joined your site a couple of months ago to do a review to help you guys at traffic. (It's not yet posted but is in the quene to be written up)... We're not critical as others are, we want to convert sales. You'll see, it'll be emailed over for your approval before it's put up.

One thing I noticed in your members area of WOW is that your videos are very small quality. They're good videos as far as the content. But they're semi-grainy and low-res.

This is what we offer and it seems to really work for us....

WMV encoded at 640x480

Quick Time encoded at 640x480

You have to remember, not all macs can support WMV. My suggestion to you is perhaps QT and WMV. We offer everything at download. We're paying out the ass in bandwidth. If you knew what we pay in bandwidth on our feeds and our tour trailers, you'd have a caniption!

I'd focus on a large size and a smaller size of the videos.

Grab a copy of Roxio Easy Media Creator (the latest edition). To be 100% truthful, that's what we use with making trailers, tube uploads, sometimes but very seldom with DVD Editing, we use it for encoding DVDs into membersite content. It's awesome! Another great one is Sony Vegas. Both will run you about $120ea. USD or about that.

Also, one thing I noticed with WOW is that you don't give update dates. IE what date the video(s) were added. We've found that to be very crucial in member retention. Even if you just create 1 index page with text and link the video title. Members want to know when things are added. If they don't think you update, your retention will go down the drain almost immediately.

Remember updates are key! You of course want new members. But most importantly you want your rebilling members.

We're EXTREMELY CLOSE to Harlan at PrideBucks, he's like our best friend. Every piece advice he's ever given us has worked and truthfully, he's never been wrong. Take a look at the PrideBucks tours, that will give you a better idea too. They've been around for about 8+ years that I know of. And they're still going strong.

Oh, and I wouldn't split the videos. I don't see anyone doing that anymore unless it's like an hour long video or very large file, something like that.

That's my advice

I've got more gay in my little pinky, than you have in your entire body
    We offer streaming MP4 and WMV and MP4 for download, all at 1280x720, the frame rate is dependent on what we filmed with and can be 29.97, 25 or 24.
    Bert

TwinkPay

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    thanks everyone for feedback todate, keep em coming !

Introducing Amateurs Do It - Your Next Big Seller in 2015 - AmateursDoIt.com
    WOW Media Cash affiliate program for AmateursDoIt.com & WankOffWorld.com