Thread: a different approach to .xxx

a different approach to .xxx

did you see the article on xbiz about ManWin / ICM Registry? Manwin is demanding that the ICM Registry protect their copyrighted names by blocking attempts to register any of its 57 domain names or similar misleading names in the .XXX sponsored top-level domain.

Alternatively, they said that ICM could register each of its 57 domain names as .XXX domains without any registration, processing or administrative fee or charge.

I doubt very highly that they will get anywhere with it, but if they do, they could set precedence!

here's the full xbiz article: http://www.xbiz.com/news/135927
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    I could imagine that ManWin's GERMAN branch guy Florian Thylman doesn't do this without a good vision of where he wants to take this case...
    After all German's are said to be very efficient in what they do when they get started with something
    :-D

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children.
    I think this is a great thing. Let's hope they are successful and it does set a precedent! It is ridiculous we should have to register a .xxx at $100 a domain just to protect our trademarks, much better we use our money to fight them legally in this way instead.
    18 exclusive gay sites - 20+ RSS Feeds - Hundreds of FLVs and Embedded Videos
    Top Converting Site StraightRentBoys.com converting 1/150
    www.zBUCKz.com - Let's make you money.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    I also like the approach since you can not expect that each registrar checks each registerred trademark and disables registration of it... BUT if you do inform them proactively that should do the trick
    :-D