Thread: Google removes 11 million sites

Google removes 11 million sites

Google has dumped over 11 million websites, all of which are on the .co.cc domain name. The .co.cc TLS is not an officially authorised second-level domain (like .co.uk or .com.au) but is owned by a Korean company that has decided to offer it as a free domain option.

Google decided to remove the entire network of .co.cc domains because they are far too "spammy". Google said this is nothing more than a free host. "If we see a very large fraction of sites on a specific freehost are spammy or low-quality", according to Matt Cutts, head of Google's web spam team.

More info is available on the google blog: http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2011/06/protecting-users-from-malware-hosted-on.html

And if you happen to have a few of those domains, might as well drop 'em!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    awesome, i hate all the spam its nice to see there doing something about it
    Dade Williams

I agree I think that's awesome, sad for anyone using those extensions, but with the removal of those it shifts and shakes up the seo again.

Has anyone seen any shifts in their listings due to this?
    :pinkylove:Sex is like air, you don't notice you need it until you don't have any!:pinkylove: