ACTIVATORS TO CREATE POWERFUL MARKETING THAT CANNOT BE GUARDED AGAINST - Part 2

Here's more on activators:

Sometimes you hear a song from your youth, you know what I mean – have you ever turned on the radio and your song was playing, you had not heard the song for twenty years, and yet you knew the words, could sing along with the same power and conviction as when you were young? You were literally taken back twenty years when you still had hair and the air was sweet. You could picture in your mind all the sights, all the sounds, everything.

That activator had the power to turn your brain up to full speed within seconds. That small activator evoked images, emotions, feeling, ideas, and memories that you could not have dredged up even if you spent ten years studying meditation with Buddhist monks in Tibet.

An ACTIVATOR is anything that “snaps” a person from alpha mode to beta mode…” No, it does not snap; it takes you, grabs you by the neck, and drags you kicking and screaming into the moment. I think the definition should be changed to:

“An ACTIVATOR is a freight train smashing into your brain at 210 miles per hour and rips a person from alpha mode to beta mode automatically…”
This is powerful stuff. Think about this for a second – why do you think it is so easy for businesses to get caught up in the typical ad agency model? Why do you think it is so hard for anyone to see beyond typical interrupt-only ads? Because it works!!! That ad with the sexy girl gets seen. You could do surveys all day and you could prove that 99-100% of the time the ad with the girl gets seen and that is powerful evidence. A business owner says, “My gosh, everyone saw the ad; that must be how I need to advertise and sell.”
(Unfortunately, most ad agencies and most businesses do not realize what else is needed.)

Activators are extremely powerful.

Now think how powerful they could be when they are connected to Hot Buttons and backed up by compelling evidence with a good offer. But you won’t be able to take advantage of the extra power if you don’t take the time to build the case and go through the whole process.

So determine the activators and use them to your benefit.

For more information SUBSCRIBE to our new weekly marketing newsletter.