Thread: Adult Check Restructuring

Xstr8guy

Adult Check Restructuring

Apparently Adult Check is restructuring... got this when I tried to log-in to the webmaster's area.
    OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    12 PM PDT, November 10, 2003

Webmaster:

Because of new credit card processing regulations, Adult Check has been forced to make some changes.

Effective as of November 15, 2003 your sites will be removed from the Adult Check System.

The sites affected by this notice will be removed from the links list on November 10, 2003.

On or about November 16, 2003, all the sites affected by this notice will be deactivated. AC Customers will no longer be able to access the site through the ID authentication process and no new sales will be processed through the apply link.

Final payments will be paid out pursuant to existing accounting policies for any sums due and payable prior to November 16, 2003.

This notice is intended to serve as an official notification to you, that as of November 15, 2003, any limited use license to use any Adult Check registered service marks is revoked and all agreements and obligations of Adult Check to you are terminated.

For more information, you may call our information hotline at 818-464-0735.
    I'm glad I never wasted much time with them! I feel for you guys that are losing your rebills.:crybaby:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Damn that sucks but, in all honesty its been expected for a while by both Gary-Alan and Myself in fact, one of the things i wrote about in an article a few months back was that some of the AVS systems will start closing down due to the new Visa regulations, hopefully this is just a case of one of many however, i honestly dont think it will be. This is most likely the start of things to come

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/art...ulations.shtml

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/art...services.shtml

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    I hope you're wrong Lee... I currently have all of my eggs in one basket... UGAS

I just don't know any other way to make money in this business.:crybaby: AVS is the only thing that has worked for me.

spidey
    another sad day for adult business.

blah blah blah...

???

so Lee, this $750 webmaster fee you're talking about in your article, would that be a One-Time fee for each AVS that you use OR per Site that you submit? from what i've figured so far, you'd have to pay a one-time fee of $750 for each AVS that you use, no monthly fees. Anyone?
    Thanks

Macho 411

Re: ???

Originally posted by SnowBoy
    so Lee, this $750 webmaster fee you're talking about in your article, would that be a One-Time fee for each AVS that you use OR per Site that you submit? from what i've figured so far, you'd have to pay a one-time fee of $750 for each AVS that you use, no monthly fees. Anyone?
    Thanks
    sorry no the $750. is for the 1st year
    then every year after that is $375.
    unless things have changed
    but I am sure Lee will be more uptodate with the Visa shit! :boom: