Thread: Win XP EOL: April 8, 2014

Win XP EOL: April 8, 2014

Microsoft announced that Windows XP, the operating system that people just refuse to give up on, will be forced to an end-of-life on April 8, 2014. That's the day that MS will stop supporting it and stop releasing any new patches or security updates.

Historically, MS has supported its latest 3 versions of its operating systems. XP has made the exception, however, as it will be supported for years after the expected arrival of Windows 8 (expected out April 2012), making it the forth version to be actively supported (the other two being Vista and Win 7).

In comparison, Apple’s operating system releases typically spell the end of support for their predecessors. OS X Tiger, for example, saw its final update (10.4.11) in November of 2007, about three weeks after the arrival of Leopard. Leopard, in turn, received its last update three weeks before Snow Leopard was released.

So at least no one can say that MS dropped the ball on its product support with XP
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    its such a solid version of windows cant blame people for sticking to it however i think win7 is pretty good too.. still love my mac though
    Dade Williams

Good riddance! Windows 7 is so superior, I hope it'll drive businesses to upgrade.

IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | EmoProfits | BritishBucks | HunkMoney | LatinoBucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites