Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kindle some sales?

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. Luke Preston's Avatar

Kindle some sales?

Just started publishing my novels on Amazon Kindle - if anyone wants to help spread the word and kindle some sales for me, as a favour, 'twould be much appreciated!

Other People's Dreams (Gay thriller - four cute twinks on a boat with a guy who is......)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CIXOLW

Into the Fire (Thriller with two central gay charactres, or is it one? Don't belive anything you read.)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005AOA1TG

You Wish! (Very silly, very camp, very rude and set in Brighton UK.)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CIXNKO

More can be found at http://www.symidream.com/james/books/kindle-books/

Thanks for letting me plug!

LP (James Collins)
    Many years' experience reviewing adult websites and writing gay erotica for many clients. Always available for new clients, for reviews, stories, blog post. See the website. www.gaystorycontent.com/blog

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Kindle is great. So is B&N Nook. Sales are pretty equal.

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I've always thought maybe I should hook up with some gay story erotica, and mix in some of my photos of models in an eBook with both text and photos.

How long have you been gay?
    That is cool... Does "Kindle" let you publish any genre?

I have got to look into this and get the old trunk novel off the floppy

Complete Video Chat Solution

Phone: 1-866-892-5122 (Ext. 2)

I've got more gay in my little pinky, than you have in your entire body
    I think the price is too high. I have a Kindle but I will not buy a $9.99 book from an "unknown" author. And there is plenty of gay fiction on Amazon for 1.99 or 99 cents.

I read a report a while ago about someone who started selling on Amazon. After a while they priced their books at 99 cents (or was it 1.99, don't recall) and in the end they made more money at that price-point. At 99 cents it becomes an impulse buy.
    Bert

TwinkPay

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    I've always thought maybe I should hook up with some gay story erotica, and mix in some of my photos of models in an eBook with both text and photos.
    Happy to help if I can!
    Many years' experience reviewing adult websites and writing gay erotica for many clients. Always available for new clients, for reviews, stories, blog post. See the website. www.gaystorycontent.com/blog

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    That is cool... Does "Kindle" let you publish any genre?

I have got to look into this and get the old trunk novel off the floppy

Not sure about erotica or hardcore, but otherwise... Well, they check each title before it's published, they say.

Quote Originally Posted by asiaboy View Post
    I think the price is too high. I have a Kindle but I will not buy a $9.99 book from an "unknown" author. And there is plenty of gay fiction on Amazon for 1.99 or 99 cents.

This is always a tricky one - some say you will sell more if you put a silly low price on it, others say not. A friend of mine who is published with Bloomsbury and who has the same agent as JK Rowling, and who is my mentor has the view that it is your work, they are your words, and to under sell them for the sake of (possibly) more cash, is not the way to see the value of your work. You know; what price would you put on your work?

"I've written a 140,000 word novel, it's taken me a long time, it's hard work, it's the best I can make it. Here it is for less than a dollar just because it's not in print and I'm not Dan Brown."

Not the way I'd like to present my efforts.

I've got more gay in my little pinky, than you have in your entire body
    I dunno, we all have to set our own price of course, but if I could sell 50000 copies at 99 cents each, or only 100 for 9.99, I know what I would choose. :-)
    Bert

TwinkPay

You can self-publish a paperback version at www.CreateSpace.com ... owned by Amazon so your paperback gets listed on Amazon, and then automatically alongside your Kindle vers.

B&N and a dozen other on-line retailers will pick up softcover titles on CreateSpace, if you enroll in the $39 CreateSpace Expanded Distribution option.

Just like mine Nick Baer Books on Amazon.

And, you can drive traffic using your Amazon Associates ID and earn affil rev. Just like some webmasters do with my male nude photography books and eBooks.

Amazon Kindle sets minimum prices. For my Kindle eBooks, it won't let me charge less than $2.99ra.

Of course, you can also sell your eBooks DIY. All computers and mobile devices can read (most) files. Tablets are effectively Kindles and/or Nooks in and of themselves.

Kindle files are .mobi. B&N Nook! uses .ePub.

Thanks for the tips Nick, will try www.CreateSpace.com
    Already on lulu.com http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=562654

LP (James)

Luke - what is the format of your LuLu downloadable file?

Did LuLu have a tool to create the file, or did you use a 3rd party app?

Even though I am quite happy with Kindle, Nook and my own DIY, I never say never to a sales opp. Seems to me that the LuLu file conversion tool frequently failed in the past.

- Nick

Hi Nick
    Lulu converted it for me from a Word doc, with no trouble. I also make up my own covers and send them up and Lulu converts them. But otherwise you can create your own PDF version, just making sure the sizes are correct. Creata Space (Amazon) that I am now trying out at is much more picky with covers, it's as if they are rejecting nearly everything so you feel obliged to pay them to do your covers etc. I'm persevering though, it's a learning curve and we want it to be right.