Thread: Welcome our new community supporter: AdBucks

Welcome our new community supporter: AdBucks

Please help me welcome AdBucks as our newest community sponsor. AdBucks is an online auction system where you can bid to win advertising spots starting as just $0.08 CPM on large traffic sites like xVideos, xHamster and Shufuni. Their online system allows you to select traffic by country, keyword or by mobile carrier targeting.

AdBucks recently partnered with ManHub.com and are offering premium spots on this tube site in their online auction system. ManHub sees over 60% US/CAD traffic, around 30% of SE traffic, and has around 4.5 million impressions per month.

AdBucks is also launching two new mobile zones on http://mobile.manhub.com/
    Header - 300x50 - Bidding starts at $0.10CPM
    Footer - 300x250 - Bidding starts at $0.25CPM

If you are looking for traffic or have traffic for sale, I encourage you to head over to http://adbucks.com – sign up now and get a 20% bonus on your first deposit!

cheers
    Luke
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Turning Gay into Pay
    Feel Free to contact me or anyone on the AdBucks team at adbucks@brandreach.com if you have any questions or would like to discuss how to set up campaigns!

Seth Clampett - Your AdBucks Representative
    seth@brandreach.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Are you going to offer any PPC campaigns without bids?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I have no idea what all of that means.

Is there )are there) industry standards for what those terms mean?

Turning Gay into Pay
    At this time we aren't offering PPC campaigns. We find that CPM campaigns lead to better traffic.

Nick - if you have some questions feel free to shoot me an email. I can explain anything that confuses you!

While I do hope Nick contacts you, I, for one, would appreciate an explanation of some of your industry jargon. Please keep in mind that many of our members are new or have not purchased traffic before, and therefore have no idea what CPM stands for, or what a .10 cent bid would actually get you.

Look at this as an opportunity to both educate us about your business, and as a result of enlightening our membership, acquire new clientele!

Turning Gay into Pay
    Thank you Bec. I apologize - I could explain everything better for everyone.

CPM stands for cost per 1,000 impressions.
    PPC is price per click, sometimes referred to as CPC or cost per click.

This is how a 10 cent CPM would break down cost-wise:
    Say a site has 100,000 impressions per day. You would be charged based on 100CPM (100,000/1,000). If the CPM is $0.10, you would pay $10 for a banner advertisement that day. If you were thinking about this as a monthly buy, it would cost $300 total.

If, for example, you get a $35 payout on all sales, you would need 9 sales that month to make more than you spent on the banner itself.

With AdBucks, one of the best features is our cap on daily spending. If you don't want to pay for all of the impressions, you could cap your spending at $5 a day. Our system will only show your banner half of the time (50,000 impressions) and spread it out throughout the day. You can also target countries that convert best for you and use keywords to target 'twink,' 'bear,' 'college,' etc.

I hope this explains everything better. Please let me know if you have more questions and I will explain them here!

Thank You Seth ... that was a very clear explanation, and it certainly shows that advertising is a doable option price wise.

I think many webmasters are put off from advertising because they think it's going to cost thousands of dollars to run a campaign.

Now do you recommend advertising for all webmasters, regardless of whether or not they are program sponsors? How would say, someone like me who has a lot of blogs and tubes, benefit from your advertising service?

Turning Gay into Pay
    It's no problem at all. Advertising should not have to cost thousands per month. It can be hard on many sites to buy 100% of the traffic because they see so many users per day and so many impressions...but affordable advertising can lead to sales and great branding.

I don't recommend advertising for all webmasters. For example, if you have a very niche site, you could use keyword targetting to limit your impressions to those interested in your content, but if you've been around awhile, your brand might be strong enough to excel with Search Engines and affiliates. Also, I don't think that Advertising would be really beneficial to a blog.

As for your case in particular - hit me up on ICQ or Skype during the day tomorrow. I could do two things for you:
    1. I have experience in buying traffic for free sites (including tubes) that might be of interest.
    2. The other side of AdBucks is that of the publisher. We can help you better monetize your existing traffic. You would be able to open up your spots to our network of advertisers and I work with you to ensure the best situation for you, your surfers, and your advertisers.
    Last edited by AdBucks_Seth; 11-01-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: error

We thought the same Bec. But after working with many different partners... You could start off with $10. That's what we did. If you knew how much we spend a month in buying traffic, your coffee cup would fall over.

We only do PPC though. We don't do the impressions anymore. We learned that the hard way. Let me explain...

We all know software can be shaved. We all know that software can be screwy or even malfunction.

Once, we did the Pay Per Impressions whatever it was. We poured out a pretty penny for it. They ran us dry. It was lies. Thankfully, they're no longer in business or in the industry.

However, let's use adbucks for instance (no offense to them)... They can say, "Our site has 500,000 unique's a day, 800,000 see the banners." You pay for 1,000,000 impressions. You have no way of tracking that campaign to YOUR control.

Where as Pay-Per-Click, if the company doesn't have the ability to show you clicks... screw them. Don't work with them. otherwise how can they sell you clicks? See what I'm saying?

If they do provide you with Pay-Per-Click campaigns with tracking, you can better track your campaigns. On your site I'm sure you'd have google analytics or something. They would show you clicks. You'd be able to compare the two and know what hours they came in, what geo, etc.

We always do clicks. It's one thing for someone to see your site promo ad. It's another to get them to click on your site.

Turning Gay into Pay
    I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with CPM campaigns. It's really unfortunate that bad companies are screwing over people in the industry.

Let me explain why we don't do CPC -

1. You traffic ends up more expensive usually.
    $0.04 CPC Model

1,000 Clicks*$0.04 = $40

$0.10 CPM Model

200,000 Impressions with a 0.5% Click Thru Rate = 1,000 clicks

200CPM*$0.10 = $20

2. Our system gives you more control over your campaigns than typical CPC models. Please take a look at the two attached screenshots from an advertiser's campaign (he granted permission to share this) to show you how our system works.

Anyways, no company or system is perfect. I'm glad you tested them though. It's the same with affiliate programs...you never know which is going to work best with your surfers until you try them.

Cheers,

Seth

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I suppose I could try $20 on this, per your example. That is pretty much what slot machines in Vegas take.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    I suppose I could try $20 on this, per your example. That is pretty much what slot machines in Vegas take.
    With impressions you are bidding, like an auction. Another reason why we don't do impressions.

Think magazine. Publishers charge you (and others) based on the total copies that are produced.

For example, if 10,000 are produced, they assume 8,000 of those will pick one up. Thus, they're assuming the readers will see your ad. The publisher will then draw up various advertising areas within the magazine. They factor in where the ads are, the size, and how they will profit from the overall advertisers.

That's how this works.

Objectively, you want others to click on your banners or ads. Impressions means they see it. It doesn't mean they click on it. If 100 people scroll through a web page and see your ad, there's 100 impressions.

This is why we don't do them.

One of our first advertising campaigns was with Gayadpros. We took $20.00 over to them. We bought a cam4 text ad. For the linking, we setup ourselves an affiliate account through ourself. Set our affiliate payout to $0.01 per sale (so we can track).
    Off that $20 we doubled our money.
    (With text ads, you have to be very precise on your wording. You have maybe 20 words max to get them to click on your ad).
    That ad received 10,000 something impressions.
    BUT, we weren't charged on impressions. We were charged on clicks.

HAD WE PAID for impressions, we would have lost our asses on it and the ad would have stayed up maybe 30 seconds. But the ad remained live for a day and a half.

As soon as it was about to expire, we put $50 towards the ad. This time we tripled our money.

Advertising is very much like slots. You win some, you lose some. When we first started advertising, we didn't gain every time we purchased. There were some where we made nothing and lost the cost of the ad.

Impressions are good if your coming out with a new brand. Such as the Manwin empire has Men.com. They brand that site everywhere! That may be good for them. Maybe they do want to earn their money back.

All I'm saying is be careful with impressions. I am seeing it more and more that others are doing clicks rather than impressions. We are one of them. We will never do impressions unless we are 100% confident and are sure we will at least earn back what we spent with the hopes of a profit from the promotion.

We currently have 50 something ads out running right now.
    Start out small with a small budget. We took our profit plus what we spent in the first place with cam4 and put it towards another, but also yet paid for the ad to continue to run on cam4. Start small, one site(s), slowly move up.