View Poll Results: Your work e-mail addy has been placed on a newsletter mailing list... does this...

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really really really bug the hell outta me! WTF?! Damn spammers!

4 44.44%
  • Eh... it's kinda like scabies. Really annoying but it ain't gonna kill me. Big deal.

3 33.33%
  • Oh hush. It's just the nature of the biz. And should be considered an informational resource.

0 0%
  • So long as it's business-related (and not customer-oriented) e-mail I'm gettin, it's all good.

2 22.22%
  • Bring em on! I love these things! Sign me up for more! WOOHOO! Send more nudie pics, too!

0 0%

Thread: Would you be so kind as to crank my poll?

BDBionic

Would you be so kind as to crank my poll?

You've given a contact or webmaster your work email addy for a particular purpose or during a particular exchange/correspondence. But then start gettin newsletter e-mails from em. How does that make you feel? and... tell me about your mother. and... is it just me or does every inkblot look like female internal genitalia?

BDBionic
    I whored this out in another board as well but figured I'd put it here too cuz I wanted to see what as many people thought as I could

personally...Personally, I don't quite mind this all that much when it happens to me because I usually get a kick out of the e-mails I receive and sometimes find em quite useful. So it doesn't bother me at all and I totally see why people do it. But perhaps it's only because I get a few of these e-mails a week and it's not at all outta control. Plus it just so happens that the e-mails I do get are usually HTML format with pics of super hot guys or links that take me to super hot guys 8) But... here's the question...

oh yeah and here's one of those vulvarific inkblots. I mean seriously tho. They all look like a gynecologists X-Ray board!

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Hey BD!

I voted... it can get annoying sometimes but as long as there is a unsubscribe link, I'm fine LOL I add an option for the GWW newsletter on my traffic submit sites - So I can be guilty of this too :curtain:

I do get a giggle from some of the site owners, who say they don't spider sites for emails and then I get 6 of their newsletters, one for each addresses listed on our contact page.

I get a kick out of some of them. Some are fun, some are junk...

Gary-Alan

BDBionic
    Yeah so long as you can unsubscribe I'm cool with it too.
    And an explicit opt-in for a newsletter where you essentially ask to receive it. That's all good.
    Sometimes I get caught off guard tho when I give someone a business card during a conversation at a convention and then find myself gettin weekly newsletter emails from them. Or something like that.
    At first I was like "HEY! who da!? what da?! grrr" but now I don't really seem to mind that because I have found the ones I am getting to be quite useful. hehe.
    sometimes I'd wish they'd float me a personal email first, though. or tell me "hey would ya mind I put you on my newsletter?" or what not.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    I know what you mean... send me the "hey nice to see you at the show... Can I add you to our list?" That would be fine.

Actually this past month, I started recieving snail mail ads from people who got my card from Miami. Nothing overtly nekkid, but I was like... what the fuck? Especially since our cards do not have our address on them - so they had to take the extra step to look us up.

GA