Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Less Site Links for More Money?

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    That's a very valid point about ways to push the better performing sites. (And if you have some tips about that, I'd love to hear 'em!)

And those odd checks that show up ... it's kinda like Christmas! I figure it's "bonus" money to take and use on a nice time going out and about with Che'. :convertible:
    We try to offer surfers hot news about website updates. Sites who update regularly, offer promo material about their updates or maintain an update schedule on the website are in general the best sellers anyway. They get automatically pushed to the top because we add their promo stuff regularly. As far as links and galleries are concerned, whenever a site updates it goes to the top und wanders down consecutively until it updates again and returns to the top.

If a site doesn't update at all or doesn't tell us about it in any form, well it stays at the very end of the list, thus getting less traffic and less sales. We're still promoting them to grab a sale now and then, but the better performing sites receive more attention and we spend more time in promoting them. It's a simple system and works pretty well for us.

As far as links and galleries are concerned, whenever a site updates it goes to the top und wanders down consecutively until it updates again and returns to the top.
    Not quite following that comment. I read it as saying you have a site that updates, and each week after you post the update you let it wander down the blog page, and then when it updates again, you add to the same post to bring it back to the top??

Or do you just mean that the same site comes to the top position again and again because you post about it regularly?

Okay, let's say site A has an update today and I'm posting about it. So site A goes to the top in galleries, new faces, banners, link lists, etc.

Now, the next day site B updates and I add it to my site. Site A goes down to place #2 while site B takes over the top place.

On the third day when site C has an update, site A goes to third, site B to second.

After a few days or a week, whenever there is an update to report about on site A, it jumps back to the first place. The other sites to go down respectively (C to #2, B to #3, etc.).

Obviuously, a site with daily updates gets much more pushes than sites with weekly, bi-weekly or even monthly updates. Site that update erratically slowly wander down the list to mingle with the lot that never updates.

With updates I don't mean those that are hidden inside the member's area, but updates that are either posted on the tour pages, update schedule or are available for affiliates by email, forum posts or site access.

Hope that somewhat clarifies my system.

So you make a NEW post for every update, and aren't opening and editing an older post to add to it.

Yes, that's correct every update gets a new post. However, it's not a blog... well, kinda... but not the usual style of blogs. You can find updates from a year ago and longer, as firstly, it gives the surfer an idea how often a site updates and if it does regularly, and secondly, I think there is a fair chance that surfers might find some of the previous models appealing enough to join the site.

It's all about having more fishing poles in the pond and hopefully at those places where the big fish are. But if a small fish catches the hook... well, I won't through it back into the water.

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    Regarding a jump script. I've done a similar thing but made a php file for each link. That way you can name the file something like: visit-gww.php.

Does anyone else do it this way or is one file with a list better for some reason?