Thread: .xxx any thoughts?

Since I was ten!

.xxx any thoughts?

I was wondering if anyone has gone over to .xxx ? And would like to hear anyones thoughts on it. I think its a great idea as Im all for protecting underage kids from seeing things they don't understand. But I can see that a lot of web masters like me loath giving away money way over the odds to a private company whose pricing is just taking the piss!

Banned Member
    80% of Gay affiliate programs will NOT work with you if you are sending traffic from .xxx domains.

My thoughts on it? Get a .com, save the cash
    Banned User: Threats Issued.

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Now that you posted your question, I thought: Oh yes, there is .xxx. Apart from that I haven't wasted a single moment thinking about it for months.

The cons and pros (are there any?) have been discussed on various forums (here as well) over and over. If you own a trademark and/or you feel the need to throw some money out of the window to protect your brand you might want to get "your" .xxx

As far as doing business with a .xxx domain, I will never promote anyone who's just remotely involved with it, even if it doesn't make a difference for many programs if I promote them or not.

While I'm all for protecting children, I would never freely put a pink triangle on my jacket or retreat into a ghetto. And using the killer argument of protecting children always happens when someone runs out of other good arguments.

You might want to check the FSC website if you havn't followed the various discussions here and elsewhere:

http://www.freespeechcoalition.com/

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We will not work or do any form of business with ANYONE who has a .xxx domain. A lot of the big programs won't do it either.

We've also invested into some software that digs 20 links deep to search for a .xxx domain extention.

I guess you'd say we've turned racist against .xxx. We've suspended a multitude amount of affiliate accounts due to their association with .xxx.
    It's been established into our TOS.
    One site was shut down for arguing with us about them having one of our banners on their site sending traffic via a "hidden link." We sent DMCA's to remove the content. It's not approved and states it all over our websites. Even if you are using a banner of ours, it is not tolerated. It's unauthorized use.

I know Manwin is suing companies for having various .xxx domains.

If I were you, I wouldn't do it. Invest your money finding a non-.xxx domain. Also, it will save you the humiliation.

IMHO its a total waste of money, plus may end up doing your equivalent .com domain some serious damage as several countries have outright stated that it will ban all .xxx domains and will automatically add the equivalent .com domain to the ban list pending review. So owning the .xxx version can actually do your .com domain harm!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I'm not gay; I'm British! gumdrop's Avatar
    Interesting though. Corbin Fisher did spend a lot of bucks on gay.xxx

I wonder what harm it will do to them?

It seems like boycotting XXX never had to happen as it fizzled on its own.

I know Alexa isn't worth crap, but click max and check their traffic rank: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/buy.xxx#

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

Just another happy camper! DonnyCyber's Avatar
    its an interesting debate. Im sure people will have alot to say about it in Phoenix.
    Donny Aldo
    Marketing & Special Events
    Grab Magazine - Chicago Il,
    The Fight Magazine - Los Angeles CA,
    Hustlaball - Las Vegas NV,
    **Other events and marketing opportunities available**

I read over at the zoo that they may have as few as 30 registrations a day now. And one or more registers are now offering deep discounts.

I can't help but to think that if it were successful they wouldn't be discounting domains.

The law of supply and demand applies to domain registrations, too.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by StunnerJesse View Post
    I read over at the zoo that they may have as few as 30 registrations a day now. And one or more registers are now offering deep discounts.

I can't help but to think that if it were successful they wouldn't be discounting domains.

The law of supply and demand applies to domain registrations, too.
    That is great!

I recall Bob Parson's at Godaddy stating once on his Vlog that Godaddy processes something like 1,000 - 2,000 domain registrations daily. Around 30% of those were adult related domains. Knowing how phony he can be, I don't know how much is true but I could see it.
    This means once .xxx was released, I'm guessing about 3% of those were .xxx. Now I would say that less than 1% in .xxx domains are sold.

Hopefully others will continue to reject .xxx.

How long have you been gay?

Wait, unless you got the dough.

You get ostracized so much, it's not really worth at at this time.

However, if you have the money and a big brand, it might be worth it to protect it.