Thread: network tech support anyone?

network tech support anyone?

On my phone so please pardon any errors.

Friday night there was a power blip and everything came back on almost instantly, no damage that I can tell.

Router powers up and light went blue to orange, which usually means unplug for a minute and plug back in.

Now, we can get Internet through the router on our phones, but not on my computer where I also have the belkin software installed.

Windows says my wireless radio is off, but networks still show up, including ours. I use the wireless signal toggle button and nothing happens.

Belkin software will not connect to the router though network as on my computer network doesn't exist as it won't let me connect.

This is driving me bonkers. Anybody know what it could be? I've power cycled everything more times than I can count.

You'd think I'd have a 10/100 cable and of course now that I need it, can't find it.

Do you think I just need to get the belkin software talking to the router through a cable? If so, off to the store tomorrow.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    what is this belkin software? if its just wifi why do you need anything?

psst. u need a mac hah ;(
    Dade Williams

I'm back.

I don't know what the problem was, but I suspect I was somehow trying to connect twice... if I went and looked at the connections after hard wiring, it my my PC and two androids. Should have been one PC. I restored factory settings for the router and still couldn't connect. I then removed the network from my computer and added it again and then connected.

BTW, my network is named BenDover. Not Bend Over, but Ben Dover. Big difference... people always have a perverted mind and think it's Bend Over. Those people disgust me.

IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    network name, so ur all good now?
    Dade Williams

Glad you got it all sorted! We have MANY power flicks here in Panama, I have learned the best thing to do is turn all off then turn it back on starting with the device closest to the internet (cable or dsl router) and work your way back to your PC.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Quote Originally Posted by StunnerDade View Post
    network name, so ur all good now?
    All good!

Quote Originally Posted by HunkyLuke View Post
    Glad you got it all sorted! We have MANY power flicks here in Panama, I have learned the best thing to do is turn all off then turn it back on starting with the device closest to the internet (cable or dsl router) and work your way back to your PC.
    Those power flicks can be so annoying. We rarely get them though except during hurricane season. Thanks for the great advice. This is the first time it ever happened, so I didn't know where to begin. I was starting to wonder if I somehow fried my radio over the air, but figured the phones would have suffered the same fate ... if that is even possible.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    I am agreed with turning everything off even if your getting a "blue light" and/or the computer is saying you "have signal" - BELKIN

I love the "speed" of BELKIN , I just hate I go through routers every 6 months ... sometimes you can smell them burning before they pop! - LOL

- jim "no machine built to date has outlasted me!" :dryer:

Now I am staring at the Comcast modem while it blinks, but TV is fine.

I've had major Internet issues over the last two weeks.

Considering I use it to earn a living and I am hopelessly addicted to it, I am full of anxiety when problems erupt.

At least I was mostly done tonight when it decided to crap out.