Thread: Possible Scammers

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..

Possible Scammers

Hey everyone,
    I rarely post on here but this weekend I had a guy join my site then proceeded to harrass me because he didn't like my lighting, editing, sound, quality...you name it...he hated it. It didn't stop there. Every 5 to 10 minutes he was sending progressively hostile emails culminating in him threatening to contact the Louisiana State Attorney General...and for what...because he didn't like my lighting? Accused me of being a scammer etc. Is there somewhere we can warn each other of people like this? I understand not everyone is going to like our site, but this was above and beyond crazy. It was really a terrible experience and it ruined my whole weekend. I contacted CCBill with his name and customer number but they don't seem to care. Thoughts? Similar experiences? My thought is that he joined to clean me out. I just refunded his money and didn't even bother responding. I'd really appreciate similar stories and thoughts on how we can protect ourselves against this.

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Actually now CCBill's fraud dept has blocked the guy permanently....still leaves the question though on how we can help to warn each other of people like that. After a few years of doing this it's only our 3rd crazy person....and one of the crazies was a superfan, so I guess it could be worse.

Sorry you had to go through this. Seems like the best way to deal with people like this is to insist CCBill and our other billers take notice of these people. They have a blacklist. They can make sure to stop guys like this from bothering other webmaster.
    Also, I hope you haven't broken any Louisiana lighting laws. Could be trouble. ;-)

Robert Chandler
    Fantastic Foreskin
    Affiliate site: Fantasticforeskin.com/affiliates
    Twitter: @FanForeskin | Facebook: FantasticRobertChandler