Thread: An auto updating Wordpress Tube Site?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Camper than a row of tents

An auto updating Wordpress Tube Site?

Does anyone know of a Wordpress theme and/or plugin that would allow you to set up a tube site that automatically updates with YouTube videos based on keywords? I have a mainstream domain that I'm not using and I'd like to set it up as a tube site that has clips from a specific category that get updated regularly so I can just launch it and walk away.

I think I've heard about a way to do this but can't find the info now from searching. I am also familiar with the Free WP Tube Theme but as far as I can tell you must add posts/clips manually to that and I'm looking for an automatic solution.

Hi SC,

I was looking at this the other day some of the provider sites have now started producing scripts that you upload to your site, which automatically updates when new content becomes available. Check with the providers that you have affiliate accounts with I think you will find what you require

Food Luck

Designer & Webmaster
    Gay Amigo
    Velvet Shaft
    Foreskin Dream

Camper than a row of tents
    Hi there smartalk. I'm not sure I know what you mean by "providers". Do you mean sponsors? I also have some adult sites where I promote sponsors and yes, I think some of these have several tube style features. What I'm referring to is a mainstream site with no sponsors. I don't want to give it away here but I'll use the example of a site about skateboarding. In this case I would like to set up a tube site that would auto-update with any YouTube videos that contained the keyword "skateboarding" whenever they are added. This site would have some Google ad-words on it so I could just set it up and forget about it. The site I have has a good domain name so I don't want to give it up, but I'm busy with my adult sites and don't have time to keep this one updated. I hope that explains my question better!

Take a look at BlogsBot and possibly UUSoftware would take care of the video aspect. Another to check would be AutoBlogged.

Also, I am pretty sure that any tube script that lets you bring in a tube rss feed can be setup to auto update using a cron job, I know it's possible with the www.jmbsoft.com TubeX script.

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Yeah, what BEC said.