Thread: Java Shopping Cart Script Like Google Checkout

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

Java Shopping Cart Script Like Google Checkout

Has anyone seen - or used - a shopping cart script, probably Java, that looks and acts like Google Checkout?

I like the GCO floating window, so as a customer scrolls down my list of DVDs to buy, the Java window comes along for the ride... and as the customer adds to cart, the floating window updates items, quantities and $ amount.

2 1/2 years ago I hand wrote a PHP shopping cart, which is great, but it uses Session Arrays, and lately those cause things to slow down.

I always did like the GCO window, but I need this to then click on to CCBill checkout.

Thanks in advance,

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Actually, it turns out to be AJAX.

too many for me to copy over links, so check out the search returns here

I found one written by a guy in the Middle East.

First problem - apparently he is from a country where the currency system doesn't have coins, 1/100ths. So no $10.95, only $10 or $11 whole numbers.

Then, the design of the page is based on a css.css file - his design. So hacking that apart will take a while.

Otherwise, it works!

I found a couple of others, I just need to evaluate how deep into AJAX, Java and CSS I need to go - when my shopping carts do work, and I've got IOS/Android Apps on my mind.

If I can find common ground, i'll pursue.

I'm thinking where I am with this now, is I need to study CSS a bit, and maybe ask for a few suggestions about how to accomplish things in CSS.

Part of my day is photography, part video, part PHP, now JSON for IOS and Android, part creative, part bookkeeping. To date, I've been satisfied with HTML. How much I far I go into CSS and HTML5 needs to address learning curve and time priorities.