Thread: President Obama Publicly Announces His Support of Gay Marriage

President Obama Publicly Announces His Support of Gay Marriage

Read full Report: Obama Gay Marriage

President Barack Obama declared his support for gay marriage Wednesday.

WASHINGTON -- In a nod to a dramatic shift in public opinion, Barack Obama on Wednesday became the first sitting president to announce his support for same-sex marriage.

In a sit-down interview with ABC's Robin Roberts, Obama completed what has been a markedly long and oft-mocked evolution on the matter.

"I've always been adamant that gay and lesbian Americans should be treated fairly," Obama told Roberts, in an interview that will air in full on ABC's "Good Morning America" Thursday.

"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don't Ask Don't Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married," he said.

Just another happy camper! DonnyCyber's Avatar
    amazing!!!! What a good way to start a wednesday!
    Donny Aldo
    Marketing & Special Events
    Grab Magazine - Chicago Il,
    The Fight Magazine - Los Angeles CA,
    Hustlaball - Las Vegas NV,
    **Other events and marketing opportunities available**

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Yea..it took BIDEN to come out Sunday to OUT Obama today. Thought that was kinda funny. Obama tries to sound like a DIFFERENT type of President, but he really has dragged his feet on anything gay from "Don't Ask Don't Tell" to Gay Marriage. But at least he FINALLY came out in favor.

good news, at last!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansized View Post
    Yea..it took BIDEN to come out Sunday to OUT Obama today. Thought that was kinda funny. Obama tries to sound like a DIFFERENT type of President, but he really has dragged his feet on anything gay from "Don't Ask Don't Tell" to Gay Marriage. But at least he FINALLY came out in favor.
    Gotta love Biden.

BTW. I started a thread as well as I didn't see the one.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    "fashionably late" only works for gays! , he's not getting "validated!" - LOL

I might be persuaded to vote for him if there was going to be an "inaugural white party" at the white house sponsored by HEINEKEN BEER with special musical guests "RON PERKOV" & ADAM LAMBERT" and featuring flashback performances by PAUL PARKER and PAUL LEKAKIS ... not that I've put any thought behind this! - LOL , I would also like ELLEN DEGENERES and RUPAUL to carry the live news coverage of the event!

- jim ..." for your entertainment! "... :whip: