Thread: I Bought A Hosting Plan with A New Provider

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

I Bought A Hosting Plan with A New Provider

A couple of months ago, there was a thread about web hosting companies. Being a small player, I passed the big-ticket web hosts.

I bought a simple multi-domain plan with one of them.

Now, my existing network of sites are all hand-written PDP/SQL. For my eCommerce sites, handwritten AJAx/CSS/PHP.SQL shopping cart.

For this, what I want to do is sell my stuff - VOD, tangible DVD, digital downloads - the same stuff, thru new Domains, thru the new host, to stir the possibility of better SEO from a US-based host.

Instead of hand-writing html, should I use some kind of pre-built package?... To see if something new and different improves SEO.

Last weekend, I browsed dozens of sites, looking for new affiliate opportunities. No common software package jumped off the screen and bit me on the nose.

I'm willing to try something, if its learning curve is less than me writing PHP/SQL by hand.

I do a bunch of blogs by hand, no PHP/SQL, just hand-written HTML, pictures and text.

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    did you ever look into magento shopping cart? there might be a theme that pops out at you

but it may be overkill
    Dade Williams

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. dotcomhost.com's Avatar
    Hi Nick,

This is Philip with Red Apple Media,

I have used many kinds of shopping carts before and some are just not as good as others. The last one I went with has been by far the best. Its called Vantagecart. This shopping is a user friendly cart with all the bells and whistles you will need to have to do online sales. Here is the link http://vantagecart.com/store/ to there site and prices. They have packages as low as $37! Feel free to call or email me to discuss further.

Philip Lancashire
    Senior Sales Consultant
    Red Apple Media
    3969 Fourth Ave
    Studio 303
    San Diego, CA 92103
    619-269-7442 x430

E-Commerce and Media Hosting Experts.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I wrote my own shopping, because it is easier to match my inventory from my SQL table, and do the checkout with CCBill and DHD/Commercegate.

The hosting plan I bought, I dropped because of the other thread where I described the host was blacklisted by so many spam filters.

Once US customers pick themselves up after Hurr Sandy, I might try a hosting plan with you.

Right now, the only downside with my shopping cart - which is on 3 of my sites in my sig - is that the interaction with all of the java is preventing the cart from scrolling on overflow. So customers can only buy like 8 items before the check-out button goes south fo the border and is lost. The fixed-position in the upper left-hand corner is AJAZ that I got from a developer. But it doesn't scroll on overflow.