Thread: Industry wide crackdown on pirating planned to start on 7/12/12!

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!

Industry wide crackdown on pirating planned to start on 7/12/12!

Even thought he article says "this thursday, July 1"..it's a misprint, because there is no July 1st on a thursday..they left out the "2"..it's the 12th that this is all supposed to start.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/1...me-on-july-12/

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Will there be an effort to get Paypal on board?

They process(ed) for Oron and other Pirates doing nothing less than digital downloads...

But for me, selling my $1.99 clips and $2.49 eBooks as digital downloads was not allowed. If it's good the Million dollar PayPal accounts, it's good for us Thousand dollar PayPal accounts.

It was nice that Gary at CCBill announced that CCBill was stopping (some or all) processing for Pirates.

The next step needs to be a fund for the studios that were affected. 5%-15% of earnings off of Pirates. It would provide some relief for any of us studios that had our content stolen by Pirates. And, it would be a tax deducible business expense for them.

Win/Win.

Stunner Media, Jedi StunnerRichard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    It was nice that Gary at CCBill announced that CCBill was stopping (some or all) processing for Pirates.
    Win/Win.
    Simply put. It wasn't. He decided to stop processing for pirates in one corner of the box. While taking on the industries biggest cardbanging program and content thieves known.

Certainly not 'win/win'. Surfers TRUST ccbill. So they signup, only to have their card banged for $600.
    70 SITES. 8 PROGRAMS. ONE ETHICAL COMAPANY. Stunner Media.

IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | EmoProfits | BritishBucks | HunkMoney | LatinoBucks

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    And then the consumer requests a chargeback on the fraudulent transaction, and CCBill blacklists them.

That's why I have 2 processors.

It would be a win for us small studios if CCBill created a fund out of their earnings from Pirates, to allocate out.

Is this on GFY?

Quote Originally Posted by StunnerRichard View Post
    Simply put. It wasn't. He decided to stop processing for pirates in one corner of the box. While taking on the industries biggest cardbanging program and content thieves known.

Certainly not 'win/win'. Surfers TRUST ccbill. So they signup, only to have their card banged for $600.

Stunner Media, Jedi StunnerRichard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    Is this on GFY?
    Yes.

My point is. If CCBill blacklists them, for the chargeback. If that member was to try and join a ccbill site, with no second processer, they wil get declined. - and there are LOTs of programs that only have one processor.

I give ccbill a year, before they loose their processing bank.

my2c
    70 SITES. 8 PROGRAMS. ONE ETHICAL COMAPANY. Stunner Media.

IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | EmoProfits | BritishBucks | HunkMoney | LatinoBucks