Thread: File Sharing declared a religion

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!

File Sharing declared a religion

http://torrentfreak.com/file-sharing...sweden-120104/

File-Sharing Recognized as Official Religion in Sweden
    by Ernesto of TF on January 4, 2012

Since 2010 a group of self-confessed pirates have tried to get their beliefs recognized as an official religion in Sweden. After their request was denied several times, the Church of Kopimism ? which holds CTRL+C and CTRL+V as sacred symbols ? is now approved by the authorities as an official religion. The Church hopes that its official status will remove the legal stigma that surrounds file-sharing.

All around the world file-sharers are being chased by anti-piracy outfits and the authorities, and the situation in Sweden is no different. While copyright holders are often quick to label file-sharers as pirates, there is a large group of people who actually consider copying to be a sacred act.
    Philosophy student Isak Gerson is such a religious file-sharer, and in an attempt to protect his unique belief system he founded The Missionary Church of Kopimism in 2010. In the hope that they could help prevent persecution for their beliefs, the Church then filed a request to be officially accepted by the authorities.

After two failed attempts, where the Church was asked to formalize its way of praying or meditation, the authorities finally recognized the organization as an official religion. The Church?s founder is ecstatic about this news, and hopes that it will motivate more people to come forward as ?Kopimists?.
    ?I think that more people will have the courage to step out as Kopimists. Maybe not in the public, but at least to their close ones,? Isak tells TorrentFreak. ?There?s still a legal stigma around copying for many. A lot of people still worry about going to jail when copying and remixing. I hope in the name of Kopimi that this will change.?

Although the formal status of the Church doesn?t mean that copyright infringement is now permitted, the Church?s founder hopes that their beliefs will be considered in future lawmaking. During the last half year the Missionary Church of Kopimism tripled its members from 1,000 to 3,000 and it?s expected that the recent news will cause another surge in followers. Official member or not, Gerson encourages everyone with an Internet connection to keep on sharing.
    ?We confessional Kopimists have not only depended on each other in this struggle, but on everyone who is copying information. To everyone with an internet connection: Keep copying. Maintain hardline Kopimi,? Gerson concludes.

Prospective followers who embrace the same calling are of course welcome to join the movement, free of charge.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    ..." The Church Of Latter Day Pirates? "... isn't the purpose of "File Sharing" to share what isn't Yours? - LOL

it's rare I see anything circulated that doesn't belong to somebody else , once in awhile I'll see something interesting like "JUSTIN BIEBER" taking a piss or raw footage of "MADONNA" flashing at a Concert but it's not like I'm going to "DOWNLOAD" so I can watch it continously and/or pass it around like "TRADING CARDS!" - LOL

the "JUSTIN BIEBER" Clip is kinda hot , never realized he was Uncut! - LOL

- jim

I guess they do not incorporate any of the 10 commandments: Thou shalt not steal

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    How about coveting thy neighbors ass?

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    These guys are all awesome and crazy, I remember reading something like TPB would launch a network of sky drones to run the site should the servers ever really be taken down.
    idolbucks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mansized
    How about coveting thy neighbors ass?
    That's a religion I could get behind (pun intended)

IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by idolbucks
    These guys are all awesome and crazy, I remember reading something like TPB would launch a network of sky drones to run the site should the servers ever really be taken down.
    Yeah sometimes I think they just say crazy shit because they will get everyone talking about it. I say that because I remember hearing about the drones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim
    ..." The Church Of Latter Day Pirates? "... isn't the purpose of "File Sharing" to share what isn't Yours? - LOL

it's rare I see anything circulated that doesn't belong to somebody else , once in awhile I'll see something interesting like "JUSTIN BIEBER" taking a piss or raw footage of "MADONNA" flashing at a Concert but it's not like I'm going to "DOWNLOAD" so I can watch it continously and/or pass it around like "TRADING CARDS!" - LOL

the "JUSTIN BIEBER" Clip is kinda hot , never realized he was Uncut! - LOL

- jim
    I always figured he is uncut since he's Canadian and that isn't a service provided by their national health plan.