Thread: Mid-Atlantic Weather

Mid-Atlantic Weather

So who survived the freak storms in the Mid-Atlantic last night?

My poor Mom is without power and they say it may be deep into next week before it is restored. They refuse go to a hotel (for now).

She's 64 and I am worried about her but she is being stubborn.

It got over 100 today and with the humidity the weatherman says it felt like 110.

They are trying to open schools and other buildings with power as cooling stations.

Still a half million people without power and with so much infrastructure out they are focusing on restoring power there before homes. The utility usually prepares for a tropical storm a week in advance by bringing in folks from other states but they were not even sure if there would be a storm until it happened. True freak of nature.

My Mom lives in an age restricted community where she and her husband are the youngest residents. She was telling me the story of one lady who requires a breathing machine but refused to buy batteries because she didn't trust them. Curious to know how that lady is doing. As of 2 PM the ambulance had already been to the community once but then my Mom's cell battery died and I haven't been able to talk to her since.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    The Republican GOP strategy of big belching power plants serving hundreds of square miles of customers fails again.

If every home had a solar panel array on its roof, would the scenario for your Mom be the same today?

Maybe as a post-Mother's Day present, you could buy her a solar panel charger for her phone?

Google

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    If every home had a solar panel array on its roof, would the scenario for your Mom be the same today?
    Actually, it probably would be the same. Solar panels generate DC power, that power goes through an AC/DC convert and then goes into the grid as AC power if it's not used in the home first. The whole set up assumes the grid will be there providing stability and consistency. It's not engineered for the house to be self-sufficient. Take away the grid and you essentially have a giant brownout in the home - not enough and not consistent enough power to actually run the home.

They're staying at her mother in laws. It must be bad if she agreed to that. Now I am worried someone is going to end up being smothered with a pillow and I will need to raise the bail money.

IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. lisa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StunnerJesse View Post
    They're staying at her mother in laws. It must be bad if she agreed to that. Now I am worried someone is going to end up being smothered with a pillow and I will need to raise the bail money.
    LOL, gosh I hope it does not have to come to that Jesse! My mom and dad have both passed, but I can sympathize with the stubborn nature of parents. I hope the weather lets up for them and for all others affected. It was hot as hell here yesterday too, but we're a bit more accustomed to high temps than many of those currently being affected.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa

LOL, gosh I hope it does not have to come to that Jesse! My mom and dad have both passed, but I can sympathize with the stubborn nature of parents. I hope the weather lets up for them and for all others affected. It was hot as hell here yesterday too, but we're a bit more accustomed to high temps than many of those currently being affected.
    My Mom ended up getting her power back yesterday. Lots of people still without in the area and they are now saying some people will be into next week before being restored.

My Mom lives in a building of 90 apartments for people 60+. As of Monday only 20 residents remained. Since the fire and medical alarm system was down they brought in security to watch the building and also check on remaining residents. They also had water bottles in ice coolers for any residents that needed it.

It's a great building and considering what they were up against I think they handled it well.

Indeed, parents can be quite stubborn. Another thing is no matter how old you are they see you as being 15 and in dire need of their advice.

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Considering the millions without power for those days, this month has been better for sales than June!

The storms must have selectively skipped fans of our sites!

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    Or maybe the weather is keeping people indoors and online?

Are you in north-west England now? We have had tremendous rain over the past ten days.
    DirtyRatStudios | Contact me at the website

In Cardiff for 2 more weeks. Yes, it has been raining a lot here. The landlord had to summon a cute plumber yesterday to secure an outside drain pipe.

Looking forward to Manchester in 2 weeks. I sent you e-maIl 2 hours ago.

Thanks!

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    I am having some major web hosting problems. It seems they moved me to a new server and used a back up that was at least a week old. So it's possible email has gone missing in the last 24 hours.

I hope you got a "cute plumber with a big spanner" shoot out of that?!
    DirtyRatStudios | Contact me at the website