Thread: ghostery ff plugin

ghostery ff plugin

i just added the ghostery plugin to my firefox to kill ad tracking, anyone using this already? i am wondering if it works ok and if there are any 'gotchas' that i need to be aware of.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Don't know about this. With AdAware I pretty much don't see any adds at all, but maybe not seeing them doesn't keep them from tracking me. But I'm not a person you would want to send targeted adverts anyway, or probably adverts at all. :-)

I'm just wondering if the affiliate system still has some future with all that privacy stuff incooperated into browser lately? Why spending time and money on promoting sites when you don't get credited for referrals because it's so easy for surfers to avoid being tracked?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I use (I think it's called...) FLV Ad Block. It's in the top 20.

I turned off all the men.com ads that play all over the place because they bog down your internet connection - or at least ours. What you use, I don't know.

here's the plugin's homepage: http://www.ghostery.com/

so far its working really well & I am amazed at how many ad networks it blocks...I never suspected those networks to be tracking me so much and on so many different sites too. The only issue i have found is that it hangs when I leave my browser open with facebook overnight, prolly because faceboo's timeline likes to auto-update so often.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com