Thread: Help - Getting Populated Profiles on Social Sites

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..

Sad Help - Getting Populated Profiles on Social Sites

So I am trying to start a free social site, but it seems that the big issue is getting enough traffic and members to generate interest for new members to sign up.

Any suggestions to get over this hurdle?

My site is on my profile

What a lot of new sites do is buy profiles from existing sites and let the members know that as a free courtesy a profile was created on another site.

Another thing they do is buy a database from failed sites.

A third thing people do is do pre-paid deals with the dating affiliates whales who can send XX to XXX joins a day.

Of course there are those that create bogus profiles but that is not encouraged, does not create enough activity and will likely run afoul of laws.

The problem is if its a gay site. With all of the freemium sites out there it is harder to get traction. I hit up a lot of dating sites for profiles and they just don't have it available.

If its a straight site Howard at Perkiss Media may be able to broker what you need. I've seen him mention quite a few times that he had joins to broker. Hundreds of joins a day.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Quote Originally Posted by StunnerJesse View Post
    What a lot of new sites do is buy profiles from existing sites and let the members know that as a free courtesy a profile was created on another site.

Another thing they do is buy a database from failed sites..
    So I decided to do this - come to find out the script shell I used to make the site was very creative when it came to making the database so now I get to delve deeper into SQL and all that jazz.

I think by importing the users into the database for profiles I will be able to send each one an email letting them know that the site is available for their use - would you advise a different approach?

Quote Originally Posted by homohangout

So I decided to do this - come to find out the script shell I used to make the site was very creative when it came to making the database so now I get to delve deeper into SQL and all that jazz.

I think by importing the users into the database for profiles I will be able to send each one an email letting them know that the site is available for their use - would you advise a different approach?
    Unless they gave you permission to email them I don't see how you can under CAN-SPAM. Now having the company that sold you the database email should be fine.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc