Thread: Is sharing your marketing site on boards a good idea?

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went

Is sharing your marketing site on boards a good idea?

A while ago Bec posted in another thread that she had some bad experiences from sharing her personal marketing sites that were totally ripped off.

Bec's remark got me thinking...

Now that our hubsite is online, I wanted to add it to my sig and share it on boards... but I'm not so sure anymore. For a paysite it's certainly not a big thing as they are hardly copied 1:1, but if it's an affiliate site it's much easier to simply copy the whole thing. It might happen eventually, but I don't want to push someone's nose directly onto it.

One guy already had no qualms of using one of our ideas from our old site when he redesigned his site and I'm sure he wouldn't think twice to do it again.

I'm also not sure if there are any benefits of sharing your sites on boards for a small affiliate.

So, is it a good idea to share a marketing site on boards or not?

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    i rarely show anyone my sites anymore unless i really really trust you, otherwise your inviting people to go after your traffic
    Dade Williams

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Sorry, if my question might be stupid, but how would someone go after my traffic? Just by copying my stuff? I mean now at the beginning I'm not too worried about someone stealing the little traffic I have. Of course this could become an issue once success strikes me. Right now I tend to worry more about someone copying ideas, design, code, things like that.

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    your search engine traffic your keywords stuff like that
    if you rank for a keyword they can target that keyword etc. but yeah content or thumbs can be easily stolen and used which can be annoying too
    Dade Williams