Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for a few months but I'm usually pretty shy (OK, sometimes ) so I haven't said anything yet. But I wanted to finally introduce myself and ask a couple of questions.

I'm American but live in Spain, and getting ready to launch my first site, a reality paysite. I know, jumping in with both feet. What can I say, it's what I do! I burned out of the software business about a year ago. I worked for a company that made Web content management software. After five years I just couldn't take it anymore - the "value propositions", endless meetings with clueless, power-tripping idiots - so I sold my house in Seattle and bailed for Barcelona. One of the things I realized pretty quickly is that this part of the world is filled with scruffy, morally-ambiguous cute guys and someone needed to get their pants off and put the on the web! So here I am. I have quite a bit of technical expertise and am good at helping with stuff like production automation, client scripting, and the like, so ask me questions and I'll try to help out.

Anyway, on to my questions:

I have a niche that seems appealing to most of the gay guys I ask about it, the site built, (what I think is) a great design, about a half-dozen high quality photosets and video of really hot boys, payment processing set up through Verotel, good hosting, and...what am I missing? Is there a paysite checklist someplace? I've read articles here, on CozyFrog, and other places, but haven't come up with a comprehensive list yet. I can be ready to launch in a couple of days, I think.

Once I push this thing live, my plan for traffic has been to work the SEs, buy up the appropriate keywords on Google (once I know how well I am converting), and probably buy space on something like dudesoffcampus. Here's where the clueless part comes in: what's the best way to set up an affiliate program? Should I try to join up with one that exists or build out my own? Do I need that on day 1 or is it better to wait and make sure everything is running smoothly first?

WRT pricing, since I only have about 6 sets right now (I can add about one a week, on average - the tourist season is over here so it's tougher to find models at the moment), I was thinking about offering a low price (around 15EUR/month) for subs during the first month or two, then raise it to 25EUR/month after that. I realize that most members are only going to stick around what, 2 months? Do you guys think this sort of pricing scheme makes sense or are surfers going to sign up regardless if they really want it?

I have about a zillion more questions but I don't want to get greedy so I'll leave it at that for now

Is it appropriate to ask you guys to take a look at the site before I launch it and give feedback? I would really like some.

Thanks everyone!

-alan in sitges