Thread: Newbie looking for help

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..

Newbie looking for help

How does one market and get traffic to new white label site?

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    I know this is almost a month old but I figured I would give you my two cents on this subject. Promotions are nice and can spread by word of mouth. I however follow a few rules for site promotion:
    1. I would make sure you have your website setup with an appropriate robots.txt and a proper sitemap to get you into the search engines, and submit your sitemaps don't wait for the search engines to find you!
    2. Always avoid the traffic generator websites as it is not real traffic and can cause you to be ranked lower in search results than if you hadn't used them at all.
    3. Don't spam forums and other sites with your domain, this also hurts your search ranking.
    4. Use social media to your advantage, by this I mean setup a twitter and Facebook page and promote on there, but follow rule number 5 when doing any kind of promotions.
    5. Know your audience and gear things towards that audience. In the tech field I have seen some websites offering computer support, but all the information on the site was written so that only someone who knew computers could figure out the pricing. This website is no longer around.
    6. Try and keep your site new and fresh. An example of this would be to find an update schedule that works for you and stick with it. With the updates however you want to make sure that you keep your audience engaged and wanting more to keep them on your site. This will help you grow by word of mouth.

Some of these things might be a little hard to accomplish on a white label site, but I hope it helps you out.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Excellent advice Joseph! Thanks for taking the time to type all that up for GWW readers.