Thread: Pay pal payments

Since I was ten!

Pay pal payments

As Ive been given to understand Pay pal do not allow payments from adult sites. However Ive just come across a site where you down load video clips who go through what looks like a company called Slmedia who in turn use Pay Pal. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    Hi
    From my understanding, you can use PayPal only for physical legal adult goods - eg: DVDs etc that are shipped.
    They don't allow membership or downloadable only sites.

I would have thought what you describe comes under the downloadable items clause and would be prohibited. In the past I have written to PayPal and asked - I want to sell this and sell it this way, can I use PayPal.

Mind you I haven't checked or asked since the beginning of the year so it could have changed again

Since I was ten!
    mmmm it would be bliss to use pay pal so much easier! I may get in touch with them and enquire!

It's always best to just ask ... all they can do is say yes or no!

Anyone can put a link on their site to accept payments by PayPal. The question is how long will that account last and how much of your money will be frozen.

Unfortunately PayPal support staff isn't even well versed on adult payments and you can get different answers from different reps.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I get studio and affiliate payments via PayPal. Always from a personal account, not from any address that hints of the adult website it is connected to.

Last Winter, I complained to PP about a Pirate/Locker site selling monthly memberships via PayPal, to download files for "free".

PP cut them off.

I could be selling my DVDs using PP. As much as I'd like to save the 14% CCBill takes (plus the $15 wire fee they charge, plus the $12 wire fee my bank charges, which at my $250 threshold accounts for an additional 10%), compared to the 2-3% PP takes, a lot of customers have come to learn that disputing a charge with PP is pretty easy. The business ships the DVD, the customer disputes, and you're out the money.

At least with CCBill, people who dispute can earn their way onto blacklists.