Thread: If you could change you hosting provider..

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. dotcomhost.com's Avatar

If you could change you hosting provider..

If you could change you hosting provider..
    What is the #1 thing you would change about your hosting provider? I feel it?s so important to know what clients, companies, and individuals think about their product from a webhost so it is can be improved to meet your needs. Maybe its their dependability, or the level of service you get, or the support you don't get. What do you expect and deserve for your hosting provider? I look forward to hearing from you and thank you.

Philip L.

Red Apple Media

Not switching hosts but every good host responds to tickets amazingly quickly and has competent techs that can do whatever is requested of them (if managed hosting).

There is nothing worse than not being the most technical person out there but still feeling like you know more than the tech.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

StunnerJesse,

I fully agree with you. Getting the problem fixed asap is mission critical at times, and when the support is not their when you need it, its frustrating. Great feedback, thank you. Just out of curiosity, do you have a direct number to a tech or just get the next available tech so each time its someone different when calling support? Thanks again

philip L
    Red Apple Media

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomhost.com View Post
    StunnerJesse,

I fully agree with you. Getting the problem fixed asap is mission critical at times, and when the support is not their when you need it, its frustrating. Great feedback, thank you. Just out of curiosity, do you have a direct number to a tech or just get the next available tech so each time its someone different when calling support? Thanks again

philip L
    Red Apple Media
    Hi Philip,

We just send an email that turns into a support ticket and someone is usually always right on it.

When I was an affiliate, I loved my host but whenever I saw a reply coming from a certain tech I knew I would have to hold his hand or ask him to escalate it.

I always felt bad because he was a good guy but he didn't know his stuff... At least my stuff.

If I did get it escalated it would go to the support department manager who really knew his shit.

I figure to only have one sub-par tech out of an entire department wasn't that big of a crime and I accepted it for what it was.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I opened a hosting account with a provider mentioned here by another member(s) last Spring.

The host is so heavily blacklisted by spam filters, that I didn't even get my welcome e-mail from them, after paying my $30!

So I dropped them.

I also didn't like Cpanel.

I do like hosts that have WordPress plans, or similar plans for common software platforms. Like WP, and several social media scripts, even bulletin board scripts like this forum.

So instead of focusing on dedicated this and that server accounts, instead a e.g. WordPress account, where they keep the WP version and security up-to-date.

Or, even more of interest to us here, a Mansion account, or one of the other adult membership site CMS script packages. Again, the host maintains the version and security, and related sub-packages for e-commerce and file storage, while we maintain the design theme and content.

Since so many sites are going away from custom written scripts, to customized packages (even one of my bank sites looks and feels like WP!), let us just worry about the color schemes and content.

You do the "hosting" work, starting with the package maintenance.

Thank you Nickbaer for the feedback, and I agree with you 100%, you worry about what your good at and let the hosting company do what they do best, but at least show the customer you care! Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    I opened a hosting account with a provider mentioned here by another member(s) last Spring.

The host is so heavily blacklisted by spam filters, that I didn't even get my welcome e-mail from them, after paying my $30!

So I dropped them.

I also didn't like Cpanel.

I do like hosts that have WordPress plans, or similar plans for common software platforms. Like WP, and several social media scripts, even bulletin board scripts like this forum.

So instead of focusing on dedicated this and that server accounts, instead a e.g. WordPress account, where they keep the WP version and security up-to-date.

Or, even more of interest to us here, a Mansion account, or one of the other adult membership site CMS script packages. Again, the host maintains the version and security, and related sub-packages for e-commerce and file storage, while we maintain the design theme and content.

Since so many sites are going away from custom written scripts, to customized packages (even one of my bank sites looks and feels like WP!), let us just worry about the color schemes and content.

You do the "hosting" work, starting with the package maintenance.

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    I generally like my host, and recently negotiated a better price on bandwidth. But I still wish my bandwidth price were lower.

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    CONSISTENT DEPENDABILITY is something I really keep an eye on. I have to say that Way3.com has done just exactly that!

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    getting back into this, need a hosting company that's good and will not break the bank, spam me people

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Way3.com
    Been with Chris and company for many years now and they really go out of their way to make sure your sites are online and getting the full speed needed. Their prices are by far as competitive as it can get. Highly recommend them!

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansized View Post
    Way3.com
    Been with Chris and company for many years now and they really go out of their way to make sure your sites are online and getting the full speed needed. Their prices are by far as competitive as it can get. Highly recommend them!
    thanks ill check them out

You should start a new thread Roy, as this one was created in 2012 by Red Apple Media. If you want information on other hosts, then a new thread would be appropriate.

who know about that post